My focus is on getting my students to feel comfortable with the Spanish language, so time is spent conversing and "warming up" with word games before lessons begin. My style is relaxed and I am very patient (as a mother of two you learn this skill!). Oral and aural skills are very important to hone, so time is spent listening to film and radio (transcription and translation) as well as reading newspapers. There is also a focus on grammar, learning how to use tenses and increasing vocabulary. I am a big believer in total immersion, as opposed to learning from a book, so my classes vary and are kept interesting and vibrant, depending on what the student requires.
I am a graduate of Hispanic Studies, have over 350 hours experience in language teaching and am passionate about all things Spanish and Latin American especially- art, film, literature and history. Although I am not a native speaker, I lived in Central and South America from a young age and returned many times over the last 20 years for study, work and travel.
* BA Hons Hispanic Studies 2:1 (University of Birmingham)
* Spent 1 year studying at Universidad Pontificia Catolica de Chile (Santiago de Chile)
* Spent 1 year teaching in Buenos Aires and Barcelona
* Worked in International fashion retail for 12 years as a business manager. Dual language role, opening stores in Spain, South America and Mexico
* Acted as an interpreter and did freelance translation work in retail
* Fluent in Spanish and Greek, high level French
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||£90||£90||Not available|
|10 hours||£180||£180||Not available|