I'm a friendly graduate who specialises in all aspects of the Spanish language. I love providing sessions that are tailored to what the student wants to learn; it must be fun too, otherwise what's the point! Whether it's general conversation, written and reading comprehension or even the dreaded grammar, I will ensure the lessons are engaging yet rewarding for the student.
Thomas is a proficient Spanish translator and an excellent tutor. Having lived in Spain for a year, Thomas is familiar with the nuances of Spanish linguistics and is enthusaic to teach these to others. He is a very approachable individual and will always make time for the people that he works with. If you are in Cornwall and require a passionate Spanish tutor, I would highly recommend Thomas.
I have tutored individuals who were in their first year of university under the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) scheme for several years. During my year abroad, I was an English Language Assistant; I taught around 20-25 people per class ranging from excitable 11 year olds to adult learners.
My students noticed a distinct improvement in their abilities, and I always tried to make the lessons enjoyable even for the most reluctant of learners!
Sept 2016- Sept 2017: MA Translation (Spanish – English)
- Acquired in-depth understanding of the translation industry, not just theory.
- Managing and prioritising high workloads for different assessments with various due dates.
- Further developed persuasive skills, including pitching for the Revisiting Literature module.
Sept 2012- June 2016: BA Modern Languages (Spanish w/ proficiency in French), 2:1
- Clear and concise communication skills, both orally and written, to present ideas successfully in essays, spoken presentations.
- Self-management skills with the ability to motivate myself for self-guided study; my final year dissertation required thorough planning to be completed efficiently and effectively.
- Consistently meeting deadlines with multiple submissions whilst still maintaining quality of work, demonstrated in consistent marks across the board.
- Regularly using elements of the Microsoft Office suite.
Sept 2010- May 2012: A-Levels (Truro College)
Spanish: A. English Language and Literature: B. Geography: B. BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (Music Performance): Distinction*
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|