I have a passion for writing and reading and that will be clear in my teaching as I am very enthusiastic. I believe that learning should be fun and creative, as well as educational. My teaching method will be personalised for every student, as I believe that not every student is the same. I will listen to their needs and concerns and we will look at what they want and need to learn together. From there, I will create a lesson plan that is tailored to their ability and will adapt my teaching to their leaning ability.
I have been an English tutor for 6 years and have taught students from ks1 up until a-levels. I have taught English language and literature and find it very rewarding. I have also worked as an sen teaching assistant at a school, which gave me an insight into the curriculum allowing me to know what I need to create resources for each student. I have also taught students from different exam boards, so I have access to many different resources.
My dream is to become an English teacher and my journey in achieving that along with my experiences has allowed me to learn a lot of things. I can help with writing, reading, spelling, grammar, as well as creative writing, poetry and exam preparation. Many of the texts I have studied are taught in schools, such as Inspector Calls, Lord of the flies, Jane Eyre, Macbeth and Animal Farm – these are all texts that I have studied thoroughly and have a great understanding of. This has allowed me to solidify my ability to analyse and approach different texts efficiently and will allow me to help students understand them better.
- Current Undergraduate student - English Literature at Westminster University (graduating this year).
- Starting my PGCE English (secondary) this year.
- Tutored in 2 different private tuitions for 6 years - teaching English language and literature to students from ks1 to a-levels.
- SEN teaching assistant in a school for 6 months - consisted of one to one sessions, as well as helping a selected few students in class with any difficulties they had.
- Volunteered with TeamUp organisation tutoring a group of year 7 students in a secondary school for an hour each week for a few months.
- Volunteered at a girls secondary school for a few weeks - I helped teachers in class by supporting the students, as well as using my knowledge and experience to help them in any way.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£270||£200|