Having spent much of the past decade living, teaching and studying abroad, I have gained a lot of experience working with students to help them achieve their language learning goals.
I teach General English lessons and IELTS preparation lessons for students studying for both the General and Academic Skills tests.
My lessons incorporate various materials and are always personalized to my students interest, needs and areas of weakness.
My own insights and experience studying Mandarin Chinese have equipped me with a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by my students. I have found that confidence is key to helping students improve and succeed- something I am always mindful of encouraging and building with my students through various strategies and approaches to learning and teaching.
I have been teaching English since I graduated in 2009. I now have over eight years of experience teaching English under my belt. I have taught children, teenagers and adults, from Beginners to Advanced, in a variety of settings: primary and secondary schools, language training centers, colleges and private tutoring sessions. Last year, I taught English and Drama at an IB International School in SW China.
From £20 per hour for General English classes.
£25 for IELTS and exam preparation classes.
*CELTA (Pass A)
*CELTA (Certificate in teaching English to speakers of other languages) is the most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world.
August 2010 TEFL
*Two week intensive TEFL training program completed in Beijing, including theoretical and practical course components.
* Supported by the British Council and China Education Association for International Exchange
2006 – 2009 University of Glasgow, UK
*Master of Arts with Merit in Philosophical Studies
*Certificate in basic IT competence
July-August 2019 English Teacher (Brighton, UK)
• Summer School teacher at EF Brighton. Students aged 18+
• Planning and delivering General English lessons
• Achieved very high evaluation scores from student feedback
August 2018- May 2019 English, Drama and Homeroom Teacher (Kunming, China)
• Full-time teacher at KWYA (Kunming World Youth Academy)
• Teaching roles included being a Grade 6 Homeroom teacher as well as teaching mixed level English and Drama lessons to Grade 5-8 students
• Additional duties included running a weekly Drama club, delivering Library Skills workshops and planning and directing roles for the school’s Arts Festival
• Assisted on several overnight trips and school excursions
September 2016- June 2018 English Teacher (Kunming, China)
• Full-time teacher at Summit Foreign Languages School (6-18yrs)
• Planned and delivered training courses for new teachers
• Helped set-up the school’s library and ran Phonics workshops for students and parents
May 2015-August 2016 English Teacher (Qujing, China)
• Simultaneous teaching positions held at Qujing Nengyuan College and Wanchang English Training School (4-16yrs)
September 2012–February 2015 English Teacher(Beijing, China)
• Full-time teacher at Beijing Yucai Primary School (grades 1-6)
• Re-designed the primary school’s English exams and teaching materials
• Ran fortnightly teacher training sessions for Chinese colleagues in the English Department
March 2012-July 2012 English Teacher (Dalian, China)
• Full-time teacher at Rockies English School (7-14yrs)
Sep 2010-June 2011 English Teacher (Qingdao, China)
• Full-time teacher at Qingdao No.9 High School
• Position obtained through the British Council ELA program and China Education Association for International Exchange.
Nov 2005-August 2006 Youth Group Leader and Nursery School Assistant (Los Angeles, USA)
• Youth group leader for teenagers at Pali-Pres Youth Group, Pacific Palisades
• Nursery school assistant at Pacific Palisades Presbyterian Preschool
Perfect! Natasha helped to pass my English test (IELTS) the next month, I can tell she is really experienced. She uses a really good methodology with homework shared in a google class. She is always available for tips at any time of the day. I really like working with Natasha ! I fully recommend this teacher if you are looking for an English teacher :)
Excellent student. Very hard-working and motivated. It was a pleasure to help Marie prepare for the IELTS exam.
Perfect! Natasha gave some valuable advice and helped me improve my academic writing. Her approach is very strategic and she explains every step very profoundly. Really appreciated!
High level of English. Kara is an excellent student.
I've taken classes with Natasha for 1 month to prepare for the B1 Life in the UK test, twice a week. It was so useful. I learnt a lot of important things for the test, while I learnt about British culture. Natasha She always organizes new material each class.
Natasha helped me a lot and gave me so much confidence. Thank you :)
Natasha was for me the best English teacher. A very patient and scrupulous person.
I’m glad I was her student.
With Natasha you can learn with a smile.
Natasha was a great teacher! Really helpful and patient!
I recommend my English tutor, Natasha. She helped me to improve my English and practice for IELTS speaking and writing exams. I enjoyed the classes and learned new things. Very good classes.
Natasha helped me to practice and prepare for the IELTS academic exams. She is a good and helpful teacher. I recommend her. Thank you, Natasha
I met Natasha during an exchange with EF (English First) in Brighton. While I was studying with her I achieve C2 level of English. Personally, I think I wouldn't had been able to improved that much without her. She is a super didactic, fun, passionate, caring and very dedicated tutor. I recommend her because you will find an excellent teacher and friend. You will get to know a really beautiful person that will brighten your day and you improve your knowledge on this remarkable language, English. I totally guarantee you will learn a lot and enjoy the process. Natasha is my first option when I need help with English, although I am not her student in this moment, I know she will always be there to help me.
I was Natasha's manager for a year in 2017 and throughout this period she proved to be an excellent teacher. She was professional, organised and knowledgeable of her practice. Furthermore, she consistently introduced new and creative ideas to both the classroom and staff room. I would highly recommend her.
Natasha was a brilliant tutor, she is very patient, friendly, knowledgeable, kind and her lessons were fun. My English improved a lot. Thanks you, Natasha!
Natasha has helped both of my sons develop their English language skills. She is very well organised, extremely patient and always makes learning fun. The boys always look forward to seeing her and I am amazed by the progress they have made - highly recommend!
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|