Rather than simply lecturing to a class or individual, I strive to cultivate an interactive environment in which students can express themselves while learning to engage with auditory, visual and kinaesthetic activities. I emphasize critical thinking and the need to consider Music and French within their social, historical and intellectual contexts. I feel it is my responsibility to encourage and challenge students to work up to their potential, in hopes that their experiences in my classes will teach them far more than is contained in the Music and French curricula.
I have fifteen years of experience in the teaching profession. I have taught Music and French at both Junior and Senior Cycles. I am a honours graduate of Trinity College Dublin in Education and I also have a master in Music Performance from the Royal Irish Academy of Music. Therefore I have a good knowledge of the expectations, past papers, marking system and syllabus of the Junior Certificate and the Leaving Certificate at both ordinary and higher levels. Additionally I am a music performer, music examiner, and teacher of saxophone, clarinet and piano.
2017 to present: Dumont Lisbon Guesthouse, Portugal
- Owner and manager of Dumont luxury budget guesthouse
2006 to 2017: The Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin 2
- Local Centre examiner & Musicianship examiner
- Perform 3rd level entrance aural tests on piano
- Teach Musicianship
2012 to 2017: Kylemore College Music Centre, City of Dublin Education and Training Board, Dublin 10
- Clarinet and Saxophone teacher and Director of the Kylemore Experience Jazz Ensemble
2011 to 2015: Blackrock College, Blackrock & Castle Park School, Blackrock - Conduct Wind Ensemble and teach Musicianship, Clarinet, Saxophone, Recorder and Piano
2011 to 2012: St Laurence College, Dublin 18
- Teach LC Music (Head of Dep.) and LC French (qualified CSPE, SPHE and RSE teacher)
- Examine written, oral and Practical JC/LC French and Music state exams
- Musical director and supervisor of the school show - Give support to SEN students - Conduct Choir
2010-2011: Trinity College, Dublin
- French Language Assistant at the Centre for Language and Communication Studies
2009-2010: Belvedere College, Dublin - Teach Music and French towards state examinations
- Conduct senior wind band
- Backstage work for the school musicals - Adjudicate at the Battle of the Bands - Coach the French debate team for the competition at the Alliance Française - Give support to SEN students
2005-2010: Bray Music Centre, Wicklow V.E.C. - Teach Musicianship, Clarinet and Saxophone
- Prepare students for ABRSM & RIAM exams and music competitions
2007-2008: Rathdown School Music Centre
2003-2007: F.C.J. secondary school, Bunclody Co. Wexford
2003 to present: France and Ireland
- Solo performances include lunchtime concerts at the Rathmines library, Sligo music festival, Nice, Prades and Nimes music festivals in France, evening concerts at the RIAM, the Civic theatre in Tallaght, the Gaiety theatre and the Dun Laoghaire Yacht club - Freelance event manager, solo, chamber and orchestral player with the Rathmines & Rathdgar Choral Society, the Trinity Choral Society, the RIAM Symphony and Chamber Orchestras with conductors Gearoid Grant, James Cavanagh, Gavin Maloney, Bernie Sherlock to name but a few
2017-present: Student on the Degree course in Business Management with The Open University
2010-2011: Student on the Postgraduate Diploma in Choral Conducting at St Patricks College Drumcondra 2011: Honours graduate of the Royal Irish Academy of Music (RIAM) after completion of the Master of Music Performance course studying Recording Techniques, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet and Saxophone 2010: Honours graduate of Trinity College Dublin after completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Education with specialties in Music, Modern Language, CSPE and SPHE/RSE Pedagogy
2007: First class honours graduate of the RIAM after completion of the Music Performance Degree course
2005: Licentiate Diploma of the RIAM (Teaching)
2003: Music foundation course at DIT conservatory of Music and Drama
- Theatre: Translator of plays (English to French) for productions in Paris
- Music Technology: Cubase, ProTools, Sibelius, Max MSP
- Sports: swimming, handball, gym, boxing, wall climbing, water skiing
- Languages: Fluent in French and English, good level of Spanish and Portuguese
- Pharmacy: fully qualified pharmaceutical assistant with professional experience in France and Ireland
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£39||Not available||£39|