My experience in tutoring involves tutoring various ages from different ethnic backgrounds.
I understand mentoring younger children can be challenging, therefore my experience had lead me to overcome this challenge and assure the child is learning in a way which best suits their mentality. For example, whilst teaching from ages 6-11, i provide them with enjoyable and fun tasks, as well as challenging ones in which they are rewarded for. It is extremely important to reward and praise a child's progress in order for them to progress further and keep them motivated.
Furthermore, my experience mentoring adults are usually from various ethnic backgrounds who do not consider English to be their first language. I provide my time and extreme effort in order to make sure each individual is satisfied with my level of tutoring as well as their progress.
In total, i have 4 years of experience tutoring individuals of various ages.
I am currently a MA graduate in the field of comparative criminology and criminal justice, with a BA in Sociology and criminology and criminal justice. I have achieved a Merit in both degrees and wish to now share my knowledge.
From two successful written thesis, i believe i am your ideal woman to help you achieve your best grades, whether you're at school or at studying at university.
For a number of years i have been privately tutoring English to number of people from various ethnic backgrounds. I have experience mentoring individuals from ages 6 to 30, associating them with basic English literature, reading, and writing skills. The subject of English is vital and a necessity within our every day life, therefore it is important we use this language to the best of our ability. Additionally, this will create a positive impact towards our future careers. I believe my skills in tutoring represent a fun and effective way of learning, allowing individuals to express themselves to their fullest.
A highly motivated individual with a (BA) in Sociology, Criminology & Criminal Justice and recently awarded with a Merit in (MA) in Comparative Criminology & Criminal Justice. A team player who is extremely passionate on child protection legislation and strives for further knowledge on local authority safeguarding procedures. Seeking opportunities to use and expand on the skills developed. Dedicated and reliable individual with the determination and drive required to succeed and who is keen to find a challenge. Also, an outstanding and competent operator with natural communication skills who is dedicated to making a change to aid towards a better society.
MA (Hons): Merit, Comparative Criminology & Criminal Justice at Bangor University
September 2015 - September 2017.
BA (Hons) 2:1, Sociology with Criminology & Criminal Justice at Bangor University
September 2013 - June 2015.
A-Levels, 2010 – 2011; Grade A’s in Law & Sociology, B in Art. 9 other GCSE’s grades B and above.
• Recently completed check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
• Completed Online training courses on Safeguarding children
• Attended full day training in specialising with mental health
• In depth understanding of individuals and able to encourage positive energy.
• Non-judgemental, and able to hold trustworthy conversations with mentees.
• Strong and sensitive towards individuals with the ability to probe and create effortless connections with another.
• Confident with excellent interpersonal, hardworking and highly motivated in to order make better changes within society.
• Excellent listening and responding skills.
• Extremely dedicated and professional whilst achieving goals and working with individuals.
• Proactive and enthusiastic with the inherent ability to motivate others to perform to the best of their ability, achieving targets and objectives.
• Ability to remain calm during difficult positions and achieve objectives with patience.
• Detail oriented and highly organised with the ability to concentrate on numerous complex tasks concurrently, remaining calm and focussed under pressure to deliver results.
• Versatile with the adaptability to integrate easily into new environments and the intelligence to accept, absorb and apply new methods of working with people in order to create a better living.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
P&M Accommodation – Personal Assistance 2013
• Dealing with correspondence and phone calls, as well as managing appointments and viewings
• Ability to use excellent organisational skills to remind landlord of important tasks, typing, preparing reports and contracts as well as managing data bases and filing systems
• Excellent communication skills and ability to take on high amounts pf pressure and responsibility
• High standards of team organisation work and gained trust of landlord by dealing with tenants one to one.
Birmingham Childrens Hospital – Mental Health Assistant (2017)
• Assisting children aged between 10-15 with various challenging mental health conditions and disabilities, such as Autism, Anxiety disorders, Eating disorders, Mood disorders, Schizophrenia etc
• Able to use extreme sensitivity whilst building a comfortable rapport, and using own initiative to distinguish ways in building self-confidence whilst showing dedication and strength
• Delicate and caring personality allowing children to build an in-depth conversation and constantly reassuring positive motivations.
Spurgeon Sisters Project – (2013-2015)
• Mentoring young women and children aged 10-24 leaving or has left prison -Young Offender Institutions (YOIs).
• Achievement of certificate in attending training and safeguarding to become a successful mentor with youth offenders.
• Provide support and address women’s emotional and practical needs.
• Engaged in motivating young women towards greater positive change, using professionalism and energy, commitment, experience and personal ethos to make a real difference within lives.
• Developed new skills, and worked towards personal goals to provide greater opportunities for a positive future.
YSGOL CAE TOP– Teaching assistant (2011-2012)
• Supervising young children aged from 3, maintaining high responsibility.
• Own initiative to teach young children in various and new methods with patience.
• Ability to overcome a difficult situation whilst remaining calm.
YSGOL FRIARS- ART CLUB (2010-2012)
• Able to interact with children of various age groups with an encouraging and positive personality.
• Able to maintain a classroom of students with patience and enthusiasm.
YSGOL Y BONT - Teaching assistant in a special needs school (2010-2012)
• Ability to show strength and sensitivity whilst working with children of special needs in various ages from 11-17.
• Determination and dedication to uplift a child positively.
• A gentle approach in order to create a trustworthy relationship with the children. .
• Able to remain attentive and calm during challenging situations.
FURTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
MATALAN – Sales Assistant and Banking (2012 – 2016)
• Adapted further communication skills and ability to work in a team with dedication and motivation.
• Established multitasking and outstanding customer service skills, achieving excellent personal customer feedback online.
• Dedication and hard working to be transferred into the banking department, achieving numeracy skills and the ability to work on my own initiative.
• Able to solve problems showing compassion and commitment.
During my free time I enjoy taking part in weekly sport and keeping fit by going to the gym, along with interest within art and paintings.
Currently own my own car and working towards a UK driving licence, with the UK Practical driving test within a few weeks.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|