I use task based teaching methods following the curriculum and the goals of the individual. Communication is very important therefore grammar and vocabulary infused exercises, songs where necessary and flash cards. The use of teaching aids for better understanding.
I am a trained teacher with a B.A in French and a Masters in Translation studies. I have taught adults and students for 7 years in schools and private lessons . My students develop confidence and results have been outstanding.
ADJAH, AJA UNO-EKWANG
MA in Translation Studies | University of Birmingham | 2015
Diplôme D’Études En Langue Française DELF B1 | 2012
Postgraduate Diploma in Education | Usmanu Danfodiyo University | 2009
BA in French | University of Calabar | 2004
Diploma in Applied Economics | University of Calabar | 2000
Experience of Teaching
Primary School Students:
French, Religious Studies
Secondary School Students:
French, English, Literature
Adult Language Empowerment Students:
Oral and written French
Sep ‘07 - Jan ‘12 State Secondary Education Board, Calabar
• Class teacher for junior and senior secondary school students
• Teach French grammar, literature and communication using teaching aide
• Prepare weekly note of lessons
• Provide formative and summative feedback to students and authorities
• Set, supervise and mark exams
• Coordinate extra-curricular activities
• School’s staff secretary
Apr ‘08 - Apr ’09 Additional Support Teacher
• Provide additional French support to primary and secondary school students in order to improve academic performance
Mar ‘06 - Aug ’07 Duke Town Secondary School, Calabar
• French teacher for junior secondary school students
• Literature teacher for senior secondary school students
• Prepare lesson notes, mark and assess students’ performance
• Provide formative feedback to students and parents
• Support counselling services to students
• School’s staff secretary
• Involved in sports, school choir and debate society
Mar ’05-Feb ’06 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
• Lecturing French at 302 Artillery Regiment Nigerian Army, Onitsha, Anambra State.
• Created the awareness and importance of French language.
• Promoted French language usage and communication among soldiers.
• Counselling and motivational sessions.
• Ability to motivate
• Good Team Member
• Effective Communication
• Planning and Organisation
• Pastoral Care and Mentoring
• Teaching and Student Support
National Association of French Teachers (Nigeria) – Since 2007
Teachers Council of Nigeria – Since 2009
Most Eloquent French Student Award – 2003
Winner of the Most Eloquent French Female Student in University of Calabar
Access to Higher Education Diploma (Health)
South and City College Birmingham -2016
Extended Award in Employability skills -2016
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking written expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|