I always ask how the student best learns their chosen subject and base my teaching on this. I like to quiz my students in order for me to be assured that they have understood the topic and are able to teach it to someone else.
I am a newly qualified doctor who loves to teach. I have taught many students both before and during medical school and have always been successful in improving students grades and confidence. I always plan my teaching around how my student learns best!
I am an extremely motivated and ambitious individual who enjoys working as part of a team. During my time spent at University and Holland and Barrett’s I have gained a wide variety of experiences and skills, which I feel will help me immensely in adapting to new situations. These include effective communication, managing anxious or difficult people, maintaining high standards at all times and always being aware of my limitations. I look forward to working as part of an enthusiastic team and hope to achieve many new goals along the way.
Work Experience and Volunteer Work
Saint Bartholomew’s Hospital (23/06/15 – 25/06/15)
• Observed surgery including an aortic valve replacement and a triple coronary artery bypass graft
• Sat in on MDT meetings
• Attended ward rounds
Kings College London Cardiovascular Society (26/02/15 – 25/04/16)
• Heart health in school officer
• Organised sessions with primary schools to teach the students about the heart, healthy living and exercise.
• Recruited volunteers and trained them
Shine Mentor (29/09/14 – 03/07/15)
• Mentored a year 6 student for the academic year, sat in on their Math’s, English, and Science lessons and helped them with their work
• Teaching students basic life support
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (07/07/14 – 11/07/14)
• Observed surgery including an L5/S1 Micro discectomy, Left Occipital meningioma removal via Craniotomy, Right periventricular space occupying lesion and a Right Parietal Cystic Space Occupying Lesion Biopsy
• Attended ward rounds with the consultant
• Attended and helped to organise the third annual world course in ‘Advanced Techniques in Neurosurgery and Oncology’
Westminster City School Peer Mentor and Ambassador (03/10/11 – 16/05/13)
• Supporting students with issues such as bullying
• Supporting younger students with both their school and homework
• Teaching Biology, Physics and Chemistry to GCSE students
College Park Specialist School (19/01/10 – 14/11/12)
• Helped to run an after-school club for disabled children every Monday and Wednesday
• Set up activities e.g. video games, painting and table tennis for them to participate in
• Set up an after-school homework club
• Engaged with them to help address any issues
The London Chest Hospital (08/10/12 – 12/10/12)
• Observed an aortic valve replacement, a double bypass and lobectomy surgery
• Learnt the importance of having good communication within a team
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital HR Department (17/09/12 – 28/09/12)
• Checking and chasing references
• Organising and filing confidential data, sending letters and emails regarding employment
• Organising meetings on behalf of Trust staff
Renal Dialysis Unit, Whipps Cross Hospital (20/02/11 – 25/02/11)
• Shadowed health care professionals as well as engaged with patients
• Set up Dialysis machines, organised patients medication
• Helped to make patients as comfortable as possible during their dialysis
The London Dental Studio (06/07/09 – 17/07/09)
• Observed surgery and doctor patient interaction
• Worked as a receptionist; taking phone calls, filling in confidential data and making appointments
Holland & Barrett’s Supervisor (Victoria Place) (26/11/12 – 10/10/17)
• Advice customers on lifestyle, eating healthily and how to use supplements
• Awarded an EDI Level 3 certificate in understanding Holland & Barrett Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements and Health products.
• Worked overtime in 10 stores
Kings College London Ambassador (15/09/14 – 27/05/17)
• Working at induction days for new University students
• Working at Medical activity days for primary and secondary school pupils teaching them how to suture, about diet and healthy living, how to take their blood pressure and use a stethoscope and to raise awareness on the dangers of smoking and alcohol
• Attended different school to teach them basic life support
King College London, Guy’s Campus, London, SE1 1UL (09/13 – 07/19)
Westminster City School, Victoria, London, SW1E 5HJ (2005 – 2013)
Skills and Languages
English: Fluent Arabic: Fluent
1. Jack Petcheys ‘speak out’ challenge Award
2. AQA accredited Level 2 certificate in preparation for working life
3. V50 Award for over 50 hours of volunteer work
4. Diana Award for excellence in volunteering
5. EDI Level 3 Award in understanding Holland & Barrett Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements and Health products.
Hobbies and interests
I help to run and play football matches every Thursday night, love to play tennis when the weather is suitable and try and keep fit by going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I love hiking and travelling the world and experiencing different environments and cultures.
Perfect! Not only is Dr Tadfi incredibly knowledgeable but he has that rare gift of also being an amazing teacher. He was always well prepared and has great attention to detail so his constructive feedback was invaluable during each session and helped me to sail through the exam. He helped me to build confidence by tapping into what I already knew and helping to develop that knowledge. I definitely think he helped me to get the best out of me during a really stressful exam period. He is also just a lovely person and made so many efforts to squeeze in lessons at times that were helpful to me. Can't thank him enough for his time and encouragement!
Excellent student with great knowledge!
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£50|
|5 hours||Not available||£47||£250|
|10 hours||Not available||£45||£500|