I'm offering lessons to GCSE Business Studies students as well as A level Economics students. I am a gap year student and recently completed my A levels in Maths, Geography and Economics. Economics was my favourite and strongest subject at A level. My lesson are structured by firstly outlining objectives tailored to the specification of your course. We will then work through the content through explanations and examples, making this as interactive as possible with the opportunity to ask questions; bring up areas you've struggled with at school and various activities to put theory into practice. Towards the end of the lesson, we will go through a work sheet which assesses the objectives. I will also teach you how to perfect your exam technique and essay writing, setting useful exam questions to try, marking these and providing detailed feedback. I also provide additional support to you such as help with homework. This approach is flexible, depending on the student
Having been in your position very recently, I can empathise with the challenges of GCSEs and A levels. So, I'm very patient, understanding and passionate about helping students. I am a very good listener as I was an anti - bullying mentor at my sixth form, so your concerns will always be heard and addressed effectively. My experience with public speaking also allows me to explain and communicate effectively. In addition, I achieved an A in AS and A level Economics with lots of practical knowledge in the subject from my work experiences in financial services and my wider reading. I also achieved an A in GCSE Business Studies.
Rates are likely to vary based on travel
• 01(concealed information) • (concealed information)8 • (concealed information)
I am an extremely hardworking individual, passionate about helping students and going the extra mile to ensure they excel. I also love Economics as I intend on studying it at Loughborough university. I am very friendly and approachable and can build strong relationships quickly
• Strong numerical skills with my GCSE results in Maths and Further Maths being testament to this
• Strong verbal communication skills as I frequently represented the Langley Academy at debates and my past work experiences have allowed me to improve on my presentation skills. I can therefore explain concept simply and effectively.
• Strong written communication and analytical skills from studying Geography and Economics.
• Time management and organisation skills which can be vouched for by my teachers and previous employers
The Langley Academy
(2012 - 2015)
Maths – A*
English – A*
Further Mathematics – A*
French – A
Physics – A*
Chemistry - A
Biology – A*
Business Studies – A
Geography – A*
History – A*
Religious education – A*
English Literature – A
ICT – Distinction2
Langley Grammar School
(2015 – 2017)
Economics – A
Geography – A
Maths – B
- Awarded Student of the Year in Modern Foreign Languages and Humanities
- I took part in a First world centenary project about Paul Nash, a British war time painter who was buried in my local area. The exhibition produced went on display at the Slough Museum as well as at my School
- Completion of the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
KPMG (unpaid work experience)
• Carrying out audit tasks and cross checking financial statements for errors or irregularities, which has improved my attention to detail
• Preparing and presenting a dragon’s den style business pitch
• Learning about the tasks involved in tax and pensions. This involved deciding the size of an individual’s pensions based on a variety of factors
• Shadowing a tax assistant in the global mobility services department and helping to file tax returns
PriceWaterhouseCooper (PWC) (unpaid Insight day)
• Insights into the different industries in the city
• Attending a session on how to Network effectively
• Interactive personal development sessions tailored to improving soft skills and CV writing
Barclays Bank (unpaid work experience)
• Learning about the various areas in banking such as Investment banking and the tasks involved in this
• Preparing and delivering presentations during an exercise to improve presentation skills
• Networking session which involved holding discussions with staff at Barclays bank as well as with other participants
• Listening to talks from members of staff from different departments in Barclays Bank
Unilever (unpaid work experience)
• Shadowing accounting clerks
• Checking order invoices to ensure they were accurate. If discrepancies occurred, they were investigation, and this improved my problem-solving skills
• Entering data into Unilever’s system using the SAP software
• Working in a lab to produce different shower gels
Hobbies & Interests
- I enjoy playing sports, particularly football and athletics.
- I enjoy debating and have taken part in ‘The Great Debate’ at school on several occasions as well as represented my school at many debates.
References are available on request.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microeconomics lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|