My teaching approach is flexible and centred on the student. I believe that every student learns in a different way so I can adapt my learning style so that my students can improve and feel comfortable in my lessons.
There is no set structure to my lessons but generally, there will be lots of discussion-based learning, encouraging pupils to 'think for themselves'. I can also offer homework and revision help based on their curriculum/syllabus. For older pupils, a small task to complete outside the lesson may occur occasionally.
I generally include a two minute exercise break half-way through the lesson (a few stretches!) in order to improve concentration.
I generally tutor any ages from 7-17.
I am a Gap Year student who will begin studying History at the University of Exeter in September 2021. I also have A-levels in History, Politics and Geography with grades AAB respectively, as well as 10 GCSEs including Maths, English, Geography and History.
My passion for subjects such as History has extended beyond the classroom as I have been involved in projects such as 'Lessons From Auschwitz'. For this, I visited Auschwitz Concentration Camp and following this, I presented an assembly to my year group on the Holocaust, improving my presentation and teaching skills.
I also have an enhanced DBS check and work experience in the teaching and childcare sector.
-Cancelations will be refundable unless the lesson is rearranged or if the notice period was less that one day.
-Prices may vary depending on length of lesson, travel time and pupils age/ability.
• Passionate about tasks I undertake
• Excellent interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATONS
Has an Enhanced DBS Certificate on the Update Service.
2018 to 2020 Ursuline High School, Wimbledon
• Achieved 3 A-levels in History, Politics and Geography with grades AAB respectively.
2013 to 2018 Sutton High School
• Achieved 10 GCSEs with grades ranging from 8-6 (A*-B), including Maths (7) and English Language (8) .
Camp Beaumont-Assistant Group Leader May-October 2019
• Holiday club for children aged 3-16.
• Organised and assisted with activities.
• Interacted with a diverse range of children, improving my communication skills.
Dicky Birds Nursery-Work Experience July 2019
• Carried out activities for children aged 2-4, based on the Early Years Curriculum.
• Observed how everyone worked together as a company.
Blossom House School-Work Experience July 2018
• Special Needs School in Motspur Park.
• Involved working with primary school aged children with SEN, interacting with students and staff and observing lessons.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND INTERESTS
• Jack Petchey Award, October 2019.
• School Prize for ‘Attainment in Politics’, September 2019
• School Prize for ‘Academic Endeavour’, July 2018 and 2017.
• Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award, May 2018.
• Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award, November 2016.
• Currently volunteers with the Dons Local Action Group; help to manage food donations so that they were ready for collection.
• Volunteered with my Church Sunday School (age 3-7) from 2016-2018; had an important role in making sure that children listened and behaved appropriately so that other leaders could teach effectively.
• Played at the Royal Albert Hall 5 times with Merton Music Foundation.
• Achieved Grade 5 Violin in May 2019.
• Played piano for 10 years.
• Pilates on a Thursday evening.
• Committed member of my church.
• Took part in the Lessons From Auschwitz project. Involved a day trip to Auschwitz Concentration Camp and teaching people about the Holocaust, which included arranging for a Holocaust Survivor to speak to my school.
Can be provided upon request.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking social skills lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|