I am an experienced teacher of over ten years. I have been teaching in various secondary schools in Croydon, Bromley and Beckenham area of London. I teach Humanities especially Geography; GCSE and A-level, Citizenship and Maths (KS-3). I also do private tutoring through Fleet Tutors within Croydon and Bromley boroughs.
I am very experienced in teaching students across the board from secondary school to A-level and Further Education (adults). I am very good at carrying out an assessment of individual student and differentiate or design their learning according to their needs. I use necessary resources that will simplify learning. I am very conversant with the changes in the school curriculum and I follow it to make sure students achieve their potentials.
For A-Level, the rate will be £5 more
Bachelor of Science (Geography) Social Sciences
Bachelor of Science Oil and Gas Management.
OMOTAYO KOIKI - Coleridge Road, Croydon, CR0 7BS
E-mail: (concealed information) Tel: (concealed information)5 / (concealed information)0
I am an experienced, enthusiastic teacher with positive attitude and I am passionate about transfer of knowledgeto educate young ones across the KS3 and KS4(Including SEN with severe autism and complex learning) plus post-16 in College; with multicultural and inclusive classroom. I have excellent communication, interpersonal, planning, organizational and classroom management skills.
I amseeking full time employment in a College / Secondary School where I can use my interest and experience in teaching to enhance children’s learning. I had been a geography teacher for 3years in Nigeria; and I have been teaching and training at different capacities for over 10 years in the UK. I enjoy teaching children of years 9 to 11 (13-15years old). I have the ability to create a safe and trusting environment that promotes academic, social and emotional growth. I am skilled in the design of innovative activities planned to engage learners, challenge them and address their diverse interest and needs.
I have managed a Computer Networking and Maintenance business which involved training.
I work well on own initiative, I am a good team player willing to learn new skills. My valuable contribution will be worthwhile to your school.
I have full UK driving license, a valid DBScheck to start work immediately and available to travel.
• QTLS; Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, (DTLLS) achieved in July 2015 (Schools Courses & Career Development).
• Level 3 BTEC Advanced Certificate in Preparing To Teach in Compulsory Education - Achieved 2014.
• CPD Course in Behavior For Learning –February 2015
• CPD: on differentiation; Helping Students Achieve their Potential –Strategies, Practical Issues, Collaboration. (28/7/14) – QTLS/DTLS-DET Level 5
• Professional Development in Teaching and Learning; Assuring Education Quality and Standards. (28/7/14)
• Practical Applications in Writing Workshop / Study Skills QCF Linked Training. (14/6//14)
• Statement of comparability & Certificate (UK Naric), SETMembership No. AK005925
• Certificates in Introduction to Customer Service and Project Management 2010
• Certified Wireless Network Administrator (London) 2007
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (London) 2000
• Bachelor of Science (Geography) Social Sciences 1981-1985. University of Ife. (Now Obafemi Awolowo University) Ile-Ife. Osun State. Nigeria.
EMPLOYMENT (Teaching Experience) HISTORY
• Geography and Humanities cover Teacher at Woodcote High School Coulsdon, Purley-March 2016 to date
• Geography and Humanities cover Teacher at Riddlesdown Collegiate, Croydon-March 2016 to date.
• Geography and Humanities cover Teacher at Dunraven School London- May 2016 to date.
• Teacher- Functional Skills English, Maths and Citizenship (Post 16 students) Street Vibes Academy, ElthamSE9 (Oct.2014 to May 2015)
• Geography and Humanities cover Teacher at Shirley High School Croydon July 2015 to date
• Humanities; Citizenship cover Teacher at Edenham High School Croydon September 2015 to date
• Geography cover Teacher at Harris Academy for Girls East Dulwich in May 2015
• Geography cover Teacher at Harris Academy Beckenham in December 2014
• Private teaching and tutoring with Fleet Tutors (to Date) of Geography students in KS3, KS4 GCSE and A-Level.
• March 2013 to May 2015. Trainee Teacher at Schools Courses & Career Development.DTTLS Diploma Level 5 with 150hours of Micro teach and Teaching Practice.7th Floor, Hannibal House, Elephant and Castle. London.
• March- April 2013. Placement at Oasis Academy, Shirley Road, Croydon.
• As a computer Network Engineer, I train and teach my clients the basic IT skills and the usage of all Microsoft Application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher etc
• Training and Teaching of job experience youths/students (post-16) Colleges (Westminster Kingsway College) on Hardware/Software Installation and Networking of Computers including Cabling.
• 1987-1990: Geography and Mathematics Teacher; Form3 (equivalent of Year 9) Class Teacher at Abeokuta Girls’ Grammar School, Onikolobo, Abeokuta, Ogun state. Nigeria.
Preparing my scheme of work, lesson plan, resources as well as marking and assessing work in accordance with the national curriculum.
Channeling my learners towards getting the best result in their GCSE by supporting them to achieve the required academic accreditation and above.
Developing and adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of my learners.
Assisting my learners to acquire knowledge and skills as well as gain confidence to be able to make positive decisions about their future.
Setting daily plan to give opportunities by allowing my learners to explore and access range of facilities e.g. outdoor Gym, sensory room, soft play, field trips (excursions) etc that are linked with the themed curriculum.
Setting individual targets directly towards the learned communication and learning by using pictorial symbols, listening to audio or watching video etc. to reinforce knowledge, understanding and achieve skills.Providing IT supportand trainingto adults on the use of ICT in various office environments.
REFERENCES- Available on Request
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geopolitics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, citizenship lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£38||Not available|