My teaching method ensures my students feel confident and enthused in every session. I prioritise progression, planning each session according to specific topics and needs of the student. I offer sessions to pupils of any age range from primary school to A-level. My fun, friendly and approachable character allows me to build positive relationships with my students, in order to get the best out of every session.
I am a Geography (BSc) graduate from King's College London, currently training to be a Geography teacher at secondary school level. I have been a successful tutor in English for over 5 years, working with various companies and as in individual.
• An experienced and capable user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with strong IT skills.
• Punctual and flexible with hours, particularly when working extra hours or undergoing any necessary training
• Exceptionally organised with excellent time management skills
• Able to deal with difficult situations in a manner that is calm and professional
• Committed and hardworking, a keen team player
• Enthusiastic and friendly with an extremely positive mindset
Education and Qualifications
• 2019 - present: Institute of Education – UCL (PGCE Geography)
• 2016 - 2019: Kings College London (Geography)
• 2009 – 2015: Queen Elizabeth’s Girls’ School
• A levels:
Philosophy and Ethics (Grade A), English Literature (Grade A), Geography (Grade B)
Additional Science: B
English Language: A
English Literature: A
Information Technology: Distinction
Religious studies (core): A*
Religious studies: Philosophy and Ethics: A*
• September 2014-September 2017- tutor at Kumon tuition centre, Whetstone:
In this role, I worked in a team with my colleagues to run the English department. I was with up to six children at a time, of different ages and abilities ranging from primary school to GCSE level. I also had the added responsibility of giving feedback to parents regarding their child’s progress. I was able to bond with the students and I helped create a warm and friendly environment in which their learning could flourish.
• January 2015 – present: childminder
I was given the responsibility to watch over children aged between 4-15 years. My communication skills were enhanced as I was able to interact with both children and adults. In order to benefit each child, I would adapt to their personal needs, thus constantly challenging me and improving my skills.
• September 2016 – 2019: Shepard’s Bush tutors
I independently prepare and conduct lessons for children aged between 9-15, ensuring that each individual has a set task depending on their personal abilities. This role requires patience, as well as good organisation skills which enable each lesson to run smoothly, allowing time for both marking of homework, and for new homework to be set.
• 2012 (one week)- West Grove Primary School, Southgate, London:
In this role I was a classroom assistant, supporting both the teacher and the students with their needs. I assisted the teacher with various lessons including English and Maths and was able to utilise my own knowledge of what was being taught to assist the students. I was often put in charge of a whole table, and was able to ensure the efficient running of classroom activities.
• August 2014 (three weeks)- Govt. Girls’ Middle School, Koza Bandai, Pakistan:
During my travels to Pakistan, I had the opportunity to shadow a class teacher and utilise my communication skills to assist the children in their learning. I also carried out some administration work with the school office, ensuring that the correct orders were being made for school equipment.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|