I will go over the principles and key ideas in a topic area and then set an activity, during which questions can be asked, once the activity is complete I will ask the student to teach it to me as I believe this reinforces the learning.
I have had experience on a student support committee running a homework club, which is an open environment where children can ask questions about a wide range of topics in their subject. in addition to this I have taught sports to primary age children and volunteer for the Wave Project, a charity aimed at teaching mentally and physically diabled children to surf as stress relief and action based therapy.
A current Geography undergraduate with a wealth of voluntary experience. I have skills and attributes to offer your company including leadership, empathy, team work, organisation and communication. I am keen to learn new skills whilst contributing to the organisation.
Education and Qualifications
University of Exeter (2017-)
Ba/BSc Geography – currently studying
Leicester Grammar School (2011-2017)
A levels: Geography, Biology, Philosophy and Ethics
AS Level: Chemistry
10 GCSE’s 7 A’s, 2 B’s and a C Including A’s in Maths, English and Science
Working in a team
• Completed Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award involved working in a team, strong navigating and keeping team morale high in order to reach the checkpoints in time in order to complete the expedition.
• I was also a member of Leicester Rowing Club I which teamwork was paramount in order to achieve the best times and motivate each other and push us forward.
• As a member of Amnesty International at the University we have to arrange and host events in order to fundraise, in doing so we need to network and organise guests to come and talk.
• I also successfully combine studying with multiple volunteering posts, including the Wave Project, Amnesty International and Action Against Hunger. In Secondary school I also was a member of an orchestra.
• During my month of an NCS residential we had to negotiate with businesses such as Sainsbury’s, Lloyd’s Bank, Santander and the County Council in order to effectively carry out our fundraising for British Red Cross.
• As a Senior Prefect in my secondary school I also had to negotiate with students and staff to improve both parties experience of the school day.
• I wrote an article for the Falmouth Anchor about the Refugee crisis and the role Amnesty play in the aid for the refugees.
• I wrote an EPQ project to compliment the artifact I made, which was nominated for and won Environmental Champion in the Leicester Mercury Awards.
• A in both English Language and Literature GCSE’s
• Constructing essays, wikis, and reports for university course to strict guidelines.
• Giving presentations in my University course to strict guidelines.
• As a volunteer at the wave project, I teach young children with learning or mental disabilities how to surf, which involves a great deal of effective verbal communication but also listening.
• As a STEM Ambassador I am required to talk about work and studies in STEM subjects. As part of the application for this, I have also got an enhanced DBS check.
• At my secondary school I was also a Physical Education leader and as part of my responsibility had to teach primary age children netball. This required leadership.
• As a prefect my peers and teachers to carry out with the rest of the prefect team, the school rules, directing people and attending school events to represent the school elected me. In this role I also conducted tours of the school site.
• In my course I have to apply theoretic and scientific principles and concepts to support my essays.
• I am able to use and apply statistic and numberical techniques to process data.
• In my essays I also am reuired to form structured arguments supported by evidence.
• I am a competent user of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoints.
• I also have knowledge of bespoke packages including GIS and R Studio.
• Wave Project
• Amnesty International
• Action Against Hunger
• British Red Cross
• Senior Prefect
• STEM Ambassador
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geopolitics lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£100|