I believe the most important subjects to teach a German student are grammatical constructs. Vocabulary can be learnt from a list but grammar must be taught. Understanding English grammar at first is also extremely beneficial when learning a foreign language. I focus each of my lessons around one grammatical structure and explain how this works in the German using examples, and practising it in written and spoken German. Understanding cases, tenses and verb conjugations are crucial to improving skill.
I am entering my final year at Warwick University (German and Business Studies) and having learnt German as a foreign language from scratch I am able to explain learning techniques and grammar from the perspective of someone who has been through the process. I spent my year abroad in Munich working for BMW as an intern where I worked full time in German. I have tutored in my secondary school and have a good knowledge of what exam boards expect from students.
The University of Warwick – BA (Hons) German and Business Studies
October 2017 – June 2021
• Current Grade: 2:1 (65%)
• Relevant modules: German Language (speaking, reading, translation), Business and Society in Contemporary Germany, International Business Strategy
• Societies: German Society, Warwick Business School Society, Economics Society
The Royal Latin School, Buckingham
September 2010 – June 2017
• A Levels: ABBb (Business, Economics, German, Extended Project Qualification)
• EPQ: The impact of the automotive industry on the post-war German economy
• GCSEs: 1x A* (German), 6x A (Maths and English), 4x B
BMW, Munich – Prototype Logistics Intern
November 2019 – July 2020
• Prepared weekly KPIs of missing parts from prototype cars by collecting and analysing reports.
• Independently developed a new KPI of missing parts from my department which improved my analytical skills.
• Worked under extreme time pressure to secure delivery dates/materials from USA & Mexico during the pandemic.
• Organised the agenda for the weekly departmental meeting.
• Monitored incoming parts for several prototype projects.
• Requested orders, changes in delivery dates and investigating late parts.
• Translated letters/presentations being sent to suppliers (German to English).
• Picked up urgently needed parts from other plants in Munich/Bavaria.
• Trained two new interns, taught our processes and various software packages.
German (Full working proficiency)
Helena is a great teacher who has been helping me get to grips with German, she’s professional and provides great insight into how the language works. Highly recommend :)
Helena is a brilliant tutor and helped improve my German so much!
Helena is a very friendly teacher and explains concepts clearly with relevant and useful examples. She encourages students to think and not just listen which helps long term learning. I would highly recommend Helena!
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|