My aim is that you will only need a few hours lessons with me! I want you to finish the process with a clear set of goals and techniques to help you focus clearly while maintaining your own health and happiness during your exams.
I have 15 years experience in education, working with young people completing A-Levels and IB-Diploma courses. I have supported hundreds of students in their exam preparation and can give you confidence, logistical advice and support in planning your revision as well as techniques to beat the stress!
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experienced in leadership and IB: LAS Associate Dean and IB Coordinator for 200 students from international backgrounds. Member of a 3-person Secondary school leadership team in Malawi as well as successful in a variety of roles IB Diploma Coordinator, Head of Department, Teaching and Assistant Head of Year.
• A visible, empathetic, supportive and collaborative approach with students, colleagues and parents.
• UK Trained and successful teacher of IBDP Geography, IBDP TOK, IBMYP Humanities and History.
• Modern, collaborative, engaging teaching style, skilled in differentiation, assessment, mentoring and online learning.
• Committed to extra-curricular activities: Head Coach LAS Boys Football. Organiser of international trips to Malawi and Cyprus and faculty participant on local and regional learning trips.
• Experience working in challenging and demanding environments and recognition of the need for a calm head and a sense of humour.
• Engaged in various projects as personal goals. Masters in education, Ambassador and advisor to Chigoli Academy in Malawi.
Leysin American School, Leysin, Switzerland, August 2016- Present
Associate Dean of Academics for the Belle Époque Campus, IB Diploma Coordinator, Head of TOK, Head Coach of boys football, dorm parent.
• Primary role collaborating with students, parents and faculty to create and support individualized programs.
• Support and coaching of key IB staff such as the CAS coordinator, EE coordinator.
• Team teaching alongside colleagues in TOK and Geography classrooms as well as on Geography internal assessment fieldwork.
• Successfully encouraged a greater focus on moderation and IB Diploma assessment skills.
• Facilitating enhanced assessment strategies including support for ESL students and differentiated learning support needs in the classroom.
• Improved collation and analysis of data to inform pedagogy and counseling in the IB program.
• Organisation and lead in weekly activities for IB students to develop reflection, skills for learning, academic honesty, balancing work load and to encourage a positive collaboration with the student body.
• Developed and lead the G11/12 student support services group, reporting to Senior leaders, to better manage overall student welfare including counseling, pastoral and learning support.
• Organisation and facilitation of all examinations and revision support for students in the Belle Époque.
French American International School, San Francisco, California, USA. Aug 2013- June 2016
Teacher of IBDP Geography, IBDP TOK, High School History, Tutor, EE Supervisor, Varsity Soccer Coach
• Successful IB teacher to SL and HL. 5.1 avg IB grade May 2015.
• Blended learning institute member, learning and sharing skills in modern learning
• Redesigned a highly successful IBDP fieldwork and supported colleagues skills in grading for IA.
• Led a highly successful sports and cultural trip to Malawi April 2015 and April 2016
• Collaborated with staff on Global Issues Network conference and a related global climate project.
Bishop Mackenzie International School, Lilongwe, Malawi Aug 2009 – June 2013
Senior Teacher and IB Diploma Coordinator, Head of Humanities and Teacher of Humanities MYP, IGCSE and IBDP Geography SL and HL.
• Promoted to IBDP Coordinator in 2011; effected program developments leading to an improved 82% Diploma pass rate in 2012
• Pastoral leadership responsibility Grade 10-13. Developed processes for monitoring and supporting students.
• Initiated improvement in student monitoring and classroom support using ICT and regular collaboration.
• Member of the Senior Leadership and successful accreditation steering committee (Dec 2012).
Eckington School, Sheffield UK Sept 2008 – July 2009 Teacher - Geography GCSE, National Curriculum
• Teaching awarded “Outstanding” during inspection by UK Govt Office for Standards in Education in 2009.
Ryburn Valley High School, Sowerby Bridge, UK 2004 – 2008 Head of year (06-08) Geography Teacher
• 100% Pass rate for Human Geography A-Level students.
• Pastoral leader for Y7 and Y11.
Bath Univiersity, UK – 2018- Ongoing. Masters in International Education and Leadership
Leeds University, UK – 2004: Postgraduate Certificate of Education – Geography
Leeds Metropolitan University, UK – 2003: Bachelor of the Arts – Human Geography and Social Sciences with Town Planning 2:1
Chilwell School/Lakeview – 2000: 9 GCSE’s and A levels in Geography, Chemistry and Economics
2017- ongoing Bath University Masters (online) International Education, Leadership- Graduation 2020
Nice ECIS Conference. Digital Learning lab. Leadership day conference. France.
FAIS PD, The brain and learning, Inquiry based learning, blended learning. USA
Examiner training IBDP Geography P3. Online.
IB Diploma Coordinator Cat 1, Online training for IBDP Geography HL P3. IB Switzerland
IB Cat1 MYP training. Introduction to MYP. Malawi.
In house MYP; Unit Planning, Areas of Interaction from WSL. AISA Conference (focus on backwards design, inclusion), Malawi. IB Diploma Geography Coursework Cat1 Online.
2008 Mountain Leader training, Capel Curig. UK
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|