I give lessons with the idea that each student wants to learn different things using different teaching styles, I have a degree in Psychology so I am very conscious of how people can learn effectively based on who they are as individuals.
I have been playing guitar and bass for over 12 years and have been playing live shows for 8, and I have been tutoring several students for the past 6 months and am looking to get a few more. I currently am taking my masters in music with emphasis on songwriting and recording. So far my students have shown major signs of improvement being able to achieve goals they have set out for themselves in much less time than they expected.
Email : (concealed information)
Mobile : 07(concealed information)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Sep 13 – Jun 18 UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Degree – Psychology – Class 2:1
Modules included :
Psychological Theory 64%
Psychology and the Environment 58%
Health Psychology 58%
Psychology and Work 62%
Psychology Research Methods 75%
Individual Differences and Work 63%
Child Development 62%
Final year dissertation :
Personality and Peer-Influences' Effect on Music Taste. This involved taking personality and peer influence tests, as well as a survey on favourite musical genres, on nearly 100 individuals and their closest friends, and comparing their results. This dissertation was awarded a grade of 60%.
UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
Certificate of Higher Education - Music Technology
Oct 09 – Jun 13 INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF ABERDEEN
IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate)
Overall Grade - 29 Points from :
IB Standard Level Math Studies - Grade 5
IB Standard Level Biology - Grade 4
IB Higher Level English - Grade 5
IB Higher Level History - Grade 5
IB Higher Level Music - Grade 4
IB Standard Level Ab Initio French - Grade 5
IB Theory of Knowledge & Extended Essay - 1 Point
USA High School Diploma
Feb 17 to present G4S PLC
Event Customer Care Steward
Ensuring all patrons have a safe and enjoyable experience at music events in Glasgow. Duties include : Assisting artists/crew with setting up equipment and security, checking tickets, dealing with patrons queries and questions, crowd monitoring, helping people to their seats, providing general directions, Hospitality, directing car parking and guarding road closures.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Took part in an initiative by Aberdeen city council, to involve young bands into the music scene, competing to play some of Aberdeen's more well-known venues.
• Took part in several music performances at residential homes for the elderly, aimed at providing entertainment and enjoyment to the residents.
• Was involved in a competition, where the winning bands would get a spot on the bill at Sonisphere and made it through the first round.
I am seeking to gain experience where I can further my musical education and also build upon and utilise the people skills and knowledge I have gained.
• Able to work reliably and responsibly without supervision demonstrated by achieving good grades in my exams and assessments at university.
• A positive team member able to work closely with peers proven by involvement in academic group projects at university and also being a member of several music groups that frequently rehearse for performances.
• A culturally understanding individual gained from experiences of living and being educated in different countries. I have the ability to work and interact with many different people regardless of beliefs and values and am also able to adapt to different environments.
• Ability to record my own music demonstrated by the many recording projects I have undertaken, with a good understanding of Reaper and Pro Tools.
• Good working knowledge of song writing software, displayed by the various number of songs I have written on Guitar Pro and Sibelius.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
I have been playing guitar since 2008 and have been taking singing lessons since 2016. I have been involved in playing with bands since 2009 and have performed at live venues in Aberdeen and Dundee. I have recorded demos for other artists, as well as recording music I have written myself.
Reference available on request
Ross has been my guitar tutor for around 6 months. He is a polite, enthusiastic tutor, who explains things in a manner that is very easy to understand.
I believe that Ross has the patience, knowledge and skills to teach anyone, from a beginner like me, up to pro level, using experience gained from over 12 years of playing.
He teaches at the pace you set and is happy for you to dictate the path of the lesson, so you could do anything you choose…maybe some chord work, strumming patterns or learning songs you like.
If you want to learn more complicated stuff Ross is just as happy explaining the theory of music on the guitar fretboard and helping you develop soloing and improvisation strategies.
Because Ross has such a great musical knowledge he also plays several other songs in his lessons as further examples of where the lick or melody you are learning is also heard.
Ross makes the one to one lessons really enjoyable, and will always leave you with a feeling of deeper understanding and a desire to learn more!
If he can teach me, a ‘slow-learning’ middle-aged lady beginner, then he can teach anyone!
More than happy to recommend Ross to potential students.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking bass guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£18|