I have always had a passion for teaching. Previous experience included; organising Music and Karate performances with younger students at my previous secondary school, 1 to 1 tuition with struggling English and Maths students.
I also tutor Piano and have achieved a distinction in Grade 6 Piano and won the college talent show performing the "Pirates of the Carribean" theme and "Linkin Park- Numb". I have also had experience organising performances in school, including aiding them correctly read scores for exams and performances.
My Ecology degree will prove to be useful, especially from the skills I gained from the “Interpretation and Environmental Education” module. Through this module, I learned to understand how to use relatable language in pieces of work to suit target audiences (through the form of posters, or teaching activities).
I achieved a 2:1 in my Ecology degree at Aberystwyth. Team assignments at university taught me to use different methods for dealing with different situations, which I apply when teaching students, as some are more receptive to alternative learning techniques. As part of the ‘Threats to Natural Ecosystems’ module, I worked with 4 other students to produce a 7- minute video informing the viewer about the dangers of plastics to the marine environment. The goal of this project was to produce a video educating children on the importance of recycling, and how dangerous plastic waste is. This assignment taught me the value of team organisation in the allocation of tasks, and utilising my video editing skills to educate viewers on environmental issues.
Saiganesh Kanu Lim
Hard working and trustworthy Aberystwyth University Ecology graduate with previous retail, factory, labourer, call centre and biological science student experience working as a Private Tutor.
2012 Park Ranger
• Surveying skills obtained
• Shrub trimming and litter picking in parks- Park maintenance skills
• Data collection- from infra-red cameras used to film wild otters
• Assisted in Park Audit- skills in evaluation needed
2014-15 Aberystwyth Conservation Volunteers
• Gorse and ash clearing- Tasks that involve group coordination and communication
• Hedge laying- Gardening skills required
Early July 2015 MACPA Volunteering
• Organizing sales listings on ebay
2015 PDSA Charity Shop Assistant, Leicester
• Till work- responsibility for sales and handling of money
• Quality control
• Sorting products into according categories
• Maintenance of stock before selling
• Raffle selling- skills of persuasion and communication
2015 Christmas Period Bar Work in a Restaurant (One to two days a week)
• Management of drinks in the fridges
• Cleaning of glasses and bottles whilst customers being served
• Some serving of customers
• Tidying and cleaning of the bar area
• Laying of tables for new customers
2016-2017 Production Operative at Rachel’s Dairy
• Transporting yogurt crates across the factory floor
• Sorting yogurts and packaging them
June-July 2017 General labourer
• Worked at Leicester cricket ground taking up and removing designs for games
• Worked within a team so coordination with others was necessary
• Patience required for day-long tasks was required
18th Sept- 11th
November Hastings Direct Customer representative
• Taking calls editing insurance premiums and renewing them
• Good customer skills required in order to maintain a good relationship with the company’s customers
• Worked in a team so I did my best to contribute positively to the group
31st December+ Deliveroo
• Picking food orders and delivering it at people’s doorstep
• Requires a polite and courteous attitude no matter what the conditions are like
15th January+ Private Tuition – Tutorful
• Requires patience and specialist knowledge in Piano, and ability to teach primary and secondary Maths, English and Science
• Good level of organisation as material has to be prepared before the lesson
• Positive can-do attitude that can enhance my pupil’s learning experience
• Patience is required due to working with children and young people
Education and Qualifications
Studied BSc Ecology.
Wyggeston & Queen Elizabeth I College
(September 2012 – June 2014)
• Mathematics - C
• Geography - D
• Biology - D
Sathya Sai School
(September 2001 – June 2012)
11.5 GCSEs, grade A-C, including Maths and English
IT: Can use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to competent level. Have had experience using Statistical analysis software when writing my Dissertation.
Can use video editing software as I produced a 7-minute video, informing viewers on the dangers of plastic pollution as part of one of my third-year modules.
Ecology: Surveying experience in estimating population densities of arctic shrub vegetation in Abisko, Sweden as part of an Ecology Field Trip as part of my Ecology degree. Also conducted a small mammal population survey alongside my class using field vole traps, specifically the mark and recapture method.
Familiar with delivering customer service in a professional and formal manner: I trained to be a customer representative at Hastings Direct, and renewed customers’ car insurance policies whilst finding the best price for them. This required me to be extremely patient and friendly, even if I was spoken to in a rude manner.
September 2014 Piano Grade 6- Distinction
• Discipline and practise was heavily a driver for the distinction mark
2012-2014 College Badminton Team
• Active member playing both singles and doubles for the team
• College took 2nd place in the County League
2012 National Citizenship Service
• Socially exposed to new people- allowing for development of communication skills
• Organization and planning skills- involved in setting up a talent show company for teenagers in the local area
2011 Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate- Black Belt
• Self-discipline, respect and training allowed me to progress this far
2008 Recorder Grade 2- Distinction
As a member of the RSPB trust and the Aberystwyth Conservation Volunteers, capturing nature within photographs appeals to me. I like playing Badminton, and used to be involved in County training. Quarter finalist in Doubles at the Mid-Wales competition. I enjoy playing basketball and trained with the Aberystwyth University Team. I appreciate wildlife and in the past used to dedicate visits to nature reserves to do so. I have an interest in Music and I play the Piano to a respectable level.
Joanne de Souza, Manager for PDSA charity shop in Leicester, Tel: (concealed information)4
Anton Magnus, Venue project manager, Sports Logistics, Tel: +(concealed information), Email: (concealed information)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, natural sciences lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£190||£120|