I am a second year student studying English and Journalism and Creative Writing at The University of Strathclyde. Last year, I also studied French as part of my course. SQA Qualifications I have include As in Advanced Higher English and in Higher French, History, and English.
I am willing to tutor secondary school pupils in any of the above subjects. This could include help with essay structure and close reading and for older pupils, helping to understand the literature they are studying and proofreading and helping with folio essays; however, my teaching is adaptable to suit personal needs.
During my final year of high school, I was involved in a mentoring program where I tutored three Higher English students who struggled with the methodology used by their class teachers. All three pupils passed the course well against expectations. I have also proofread many essays for basic grammar and spelling as well as content. I also helped in a first year art class so have experience with younger pupils too.
I am a second year English and Journalism and Creative writing student at The University of Strathclyde. My grades (as shown below) prove that I am a hardworking and committed individual who is eager to work diligently. I would be available to tutor pupils ideally within short walking distance of the City Centre or a subway station.
Currently studying English and Journalism and Creative Writing at Strathclyde University. I passed my first year in French, English, and Journalism and Creative Writing with an overall Merit pass
SQA qualifications gained as of August 2016 from Strathaven Academy:
• English: A at National 7 (Advanced Higher), A at National 6 (Higher), A at National 5
• French: A at National 6 (Higher), A at National 5
• Graphic Communication: A at National 6 (Higher), A at National 5
• History: A at National 6 (Higher)
• Maths: B at National 6 (Higher), B at National 5
• Physics: B at National 6 (Higher), B at National 5
• Art and Design: C at National 6 (Higher), C at National 5
• Chemistry: A at National 5
• Sales Assistant at House of Adidas in Greaves Sports, October 2016-present
• Waitress at The Best Western Strathaven Hotel September 2016- September 2017
• Voluntarily tutoring pupils for Higher English and helping in a first year art class during school year 2016-17
• Occasional babysitting since 2014
Relevant skills and qualities
• In my current job at Greaves and my previous job as a waitress, good communication and establishing rapport with customers was of utmost importance. I have good communication skills and work well with others.
• My time tutoring pupils for Higher English also helped my ability to communicate with others and taught me how to explain things from different perspectives in order to aid their understanding.
• As I have been through the current CfE Scottish Education System and tutored pupils through it, I have a good understanding of what is required of the pupils for their exams.
• Throughout my time at school, university, and work, I have maintained excellent attendance with no latecomings or unexplained absences, showing that my timekeeping can be relied upon.
Other achievements and interests
• Duke of Edinburgh - I have completed Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of the award.
• I was chosen for the roles of prefect, house captain, and buddy during my final year of school.
• Piano - I have completed ABRSM grades 1-4.
• The Baden-Powell award, the Chief Guide award, and the Look Wider Challenge from Girlguiding.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||Not available|