Before our sessions begin, I would love to spend time with the students getting to know one another and learn what they want with their sessions with me. In addition, knowing their strengthens and weaknesses will allow me to develop a lesson plan specific to them.
I ensure that the pupil fully understands the topic we are covering. Even if the pupil gets a question correct, I encourage them to explain there reasoning to fully grasp the methods.
Hello!! I am a Fourth year medical student who is enthusiastic, hardworking and conscientious. I am very motivated and want to share my knowledge to benefit students in every way possible. Through applying for medical school, I am aware of the stress and workload that students are frequently faced with. I want to help guide the student through their School journey and provide support in their learning. I am capable of adapting to students needs and as a tutor, I will organise my lessons around their learning style. I would encourage the student every way I can and work with them to allow them to achieve their very best and reach their full potential.
Emma Catherine Caney.
I am compassionate, hardworking and conscientious. I have many experiences in health care and retail which make me a highly organised, have effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure at a high level. Working in a team and communicating to a wide range of people is what I thrive on and I understand this is crucial deliver high-quality service in this profession.
Date of Birth: 20/05/1999
Home address: 22 High Street, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire, AB51 5NB
Term address: Flat 1/1, 44 Hillhead street, Glasgow, G12 8PZ
Mobile: (concealed information)5
Primary education: Kemnay Primary school
Secondary education: Kemnay Academy
• Geography national 5: A
• History national 5: A
• Chemistry national 5: A
• Biology national 5: A
• English national 5: A
• Maths national 5: A
• Maths Higher: A
• English Higher: A
• Chemistry Higher: A
• Biology Higher: A
• History Higher: A
• Geography Higher: A
• Maths Advanced Higher: A
• Chemistry Advanced Higher: A
Current education: Glasgow University Medicine – year three.
Placed in top 10% for academic achievement in first year medicine and offered a research scholarship.
Grades in Medical School:
- Year one: A4
- Year Two: B2
- Year three: B3
Previous educational achievements
- Sport ambassador throughout secondary school: involved in promotion of health and well-being to pupils
- S6 prefect
- Academic awards for Advanced higher Chemistry and Maths, higher Geography
- Peer mentoring younger year groups at secondary school. This developed organisational, communication and leadership skills
- Peer mentoring at Glasgow University
- Courses completed at Glasgow University: How to safe a Babies life, Saving skin
Kemnay Pharmacy: 2015 – 2017. Shop assistant.
- Handed out prescriptions and advice on minor health associated problems
- Skills developed: communication with customers and colleagues, teamwork, organisational skills, customer service, working under pressure, commercial awareness
- Gained an understanding of over the counter drugs and health promotion
- As the pharmacy is in local community, the importance of confidentiality and integrity was understood
- Gained experience with numeracy: working with stock, sale trends and till balance
- I showed I was able to work with flexibility as I was asked to cover shifts and holiday work
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary: Summer 2018. Physio Health care assistant.
- Worked in geriatrics, helping patients to mobilise during their stay in hospital
- Skills developed: communication with patients, teamwork, organisation, time management, increased awareness of workings of multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
- Moving and Handling course completed
Volunteering with Royal Voluntary service at Inverurie hospital
- Visited patients in hospital and spent time talking with them
- Skills developed: communication through talking to different patients, empathy, time-management
I am a keen Runner (3-4 times a week) and I am in training for races. I beoibe this helps to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
I also enjoy Hillwalking and aim to finish all of the Munros.
- Cooking and baking
- Attending the gym 3 times a week, including attending spin and circuits classes
- Member of the Give Blood Society at Glasgow University, Dermatology society and Saving baby’s lives (Paediatrics)
- Playing the violin in two ceilidh groups
- Grade 6 piano
- Grade 4 violin
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh
- Netball coaching qualification: coached netball to primary pupils. Developing skills of communication and leadership.
- Trained to teach CPR for babies and children (SABL)
- Trained to teach children how to look after their skin regarding sun exposure (
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|