My teaching methodology caters to the student: whether it be going through topics they may find difficult in depth; or walking through the curriculum of a subject prior to examinations; regardless of the student, I am able to provide a professional and helpful mannerism that prioritizes their success from my teaching.
I am a student at Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School, Barnet who is currently on track to achieving straight 9s in GCSEs. Having already taught two students for the 11+ exams, both of whom successfully passed, I am now passionate on helping others improve academically, regardless of prior knowledge. Although I am capable of teaching up to GCSE standard for most subjects, I'd say mathematics is a specialist area of mine, having been awarded the highest score in the country for the UKMT Intermediate Challenge this year.
Predicted Grades (GCSE): Mathematics (9), English Literature (9), Biology (9), Chemistry (9), Physics (9), Geography (9), Art (9), Economics (9), German (8), English Language (8), HPQ (A*)
Skills through Voluntary Work and Experiences:
Over 2 Years of Maths Mentoring at School
- Part of the 'Elite Maths Mentoring' programme, with individuals
selected based on the highest of mathematical merit.
-Leading groups of younger mathematicians by assisting and aiding
them in problem-solving, reasoning and logical thinking
Over 2 Years of Voluntary Tutoring for 11+
-Having passed all of my 11+ exams, I was able to teach two students
in all of verbal and non-verbal reasoning, as well as english and
-Excellence in tutoring seen as both individuals taught have
successfully passed the 11+ exams
Winner of Bank of England's 'Bank, Camera, Action' Competition
-As a team of three, worked together in brainstorming ideas regarding
the theme of 'The Changing Workplace' given.
- Persevered despite challenges regarding social distancing by using
remote technology that allowed us to share audio and video clips.
- Personally was given role of director and editor, thus spent a long
period of time piecing together video and audio clips.
- Ended up winning the Year 11 category of the competition, with the
video now being showcased on the Bank of England website.
2nd Place for a Global Teen Investment Competition
-Attended a multitude of lectures on stocks and read numerous
- Created a stock investment portfolio pitch that successfully led to my
position as a regional finalist.
- Presented the pitch through a video recording with detailed
explanations on diversification, fundamental analysis through metrics;
and Porter's Five Forces; which led to my position as a global finalist.
- Finally participated in a world finale, presenting the pitch in real-time
and successfully answering a number of difficult questions that
consequently led to me winning 2nd place overall.
Representing school in national AMSP Maths Feast Competition
-Selected from initial sample of 8 of best mathematicians in the year.
- Trained as a group for months beforehand elevating skills such as
team-work, leadership, co-ordination and time management.
- Persevered as a group through the one-day event through hardships
by working together and staying determined.
- Ended up finishing second and winning one of four rounds
-Crest Silver Award on String Theory
- 2x UKMT Junior Mathematical Challenge Gold
- 3x UKMT Intermediate Challenge Gold (Including 'Best in School' for a
perfect score in the UKMT IMC 2021)
- 1x UKMT Junior Mathematical Challenge Kangaroo
- 2x UKMT Intermediate Challenge Kangaroo
- 1x UKMT Intermediate Challenge Olympiad (Pending)
- AMSP Year 10 Maths Feast 2020 Round 3 Winner
-Deloitte Career Shapers Work Experience Programme
- 4x Springpod Virtual Work Experience Programmes in:
- Business Management
- Marketing (in partnership with CIM)
- Aerospace (in partnership with Airbus)
- 2x Springpod Insight Days
- BT Insight Day 2021
- Finance Insight Day 2020 (in partnership with LIBF, Fidelity and
- APAC Investment Banking Virtual Reality Intern Experience
- Commercial Banking Virtual Experience
- Sololearn Java Tutorial Course
-Fluent in English
- Moderate at: Bengali and Italian
- Studying German (GCSE Level)
Certificates and Predicted Grades Available on Request
Perfect! Abir has been absolutely brilliant tutor. He is helping my son so much with Math subject. He has become a lot more confident and understand clearly all the topics.
Abir very patient and professional.
I’m very happy, can’t recommend highly enough.
I have known Abir for just shy of 2 years. In that time i have seen him maintain a perfect study ethic, motivation and dedication. Abir’s work ethic is stronger than most A-Level students I was studying alongside when i had met him, and still manages to impress my current university peers.
Based off of Abir’s academic achievements alone I would recommend him as a tutor, he has managed to stand at the top of his class in terms of grades and has proved his capability many times.
One of Abir’s strengths is that he’s able to clearly and concisely describe and explain the things he’s learnt, showing his true understanding of the topic and hand, and proving his study technique to be supportive of his growth/success.
With excellent academic success and strong communication skills that Abir possesses, he is the best tutor available, and I would recommend him to anyone who need some academic support.
Super hard working who actually wants the best for students. There are some tutors who tutor just for money without caring for the students' education, but he is not like that. He is very dedicated, and ambitious.
Abir has excelled in teaching for many years due to his professional and helpful demeanour that is combined with his academic excellence. I would recommend him to anyone, regardless of their current knowledge, as he is flawless in adapting and teaching at the level of the student. 10/10.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|