I have a 2:1 degree qualification in BSc Mathematics, and am able to teach students of all levels, being able to adapt to different pupil needs. I will be able to focus with you on areas where you need extra help/attention or help you prepare for your upcoming exams. My simplistic way of teaching involves teaching some theory, providing examples and then setting tasks. Having been a student not so long ago myself, I feel I am able to relate well with the pupils and teach them in a way that will motivate them and enjoy Mathematics.
I have been teaching for four years now, from when I was an A-level student myself in year 13. In this time I have taught many students whilst working for a Tuition center but have also Private-tutored. More recently I have also helped teach Maths in a Secondary school as a Teaching Assistant. The results that the majority of my students achieve are outstanding. Having said that, teaching is a two way process where both Teacher and Student need to be highly committed to putting their maximum effort in order for successful results.
University of Southampton Mathematics (BSc)- 2013 - 2016
Graduated with 2.1
Ilford County High School 2007 - 2013
A Level’s: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (B), German (B)
AS Level: Chemistry (C)
GCSEs: 4A*, 5A’s and 2B’s
Prefect. Also chosen by teachers to participate in a Primary School Outreach Programme, a programme that is designed to help underachieving children in primary school.
Private Tutoring- KS1/KS2/KS3/KS4/A-level October 2016 – Present
• Teach Maths to all ages up to A-level.
• Discussing objectives with parents to meet the needs of the students.
• Marking work and giving feedback.
• Going above and beyond to provide the best customer service I can.
Chamberlayne College for the Arts – Secondary school Jan 2016 - June 2016
• Teach Maths to pupils aged 11-16 in a small comprehensive school.
• Classroom assisting roles alongside teachers included teaching, marking and observing.
• Set SMART goals in order to make learning process about teaching more purposeful and fulfilling.
• Reflective journals at the end of each placement visit to better judgement and improve teaching methods for the future.
• Undertook a special project over the course of the placement to do whole class teaching.
• Worked with many small groups who were either underachievers, pupils with behavioural issues or special needs.
• Invigilation of Mock GCSE exams.
• Networking with Staff
TTC Education September 2013 – June 2014
• Teaching mainly Maths but also Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal reasoning to students ranging from age 7-16, essentially developing my communication skills.
• Talking to parents about their children, which needed me to analyse their progress and adjust their work to improve their knowledge.
• Marking work and giving feedback in a limited space of time has helped me manage time not just in the job but also in everyday situations.
• I have created my own past papers for GCSE Maths students so that they have extra resources to prepare from for their exams.
• Generally teaching and helping people has given me a moral and self-esteem boost just being able to give back, especially to a place that has helped me in the past.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|