My teaching method revolves around studying and explaining a specific topic followed by answering questions on that area. The best way for students to learn is by attempting questions which I will help them solve. I can also set questions as extra homework if the student desires, which we can go over in the following session.
I am a graduate Chemical Engineer from the University of Cambridge. I have past experience tutoring students in maths, physics and chemistry up to an a-level standard. I have been successful in bringing students from a D grade to an A in physics a-level. I studied maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at A-level, achieving four A*'s.
Girton College, University of Cambridge 2016-2020
1st Class Masters and BA with honours in Chemical Engineering.
• M. Eng Chemical Engineering. Second year grade, part I Chemical Engineering: 1st
• Course includes: fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer fundamentals and operations, thermodynamics and process calculations, stress analysis and pressure vessels, economics, safety, separations, biotechnology, homogeneous reactors, engineering mathematics and chemistry
• Coursework includes: computing, design, presentations, report writing, practical labs and extended open ended questions such as the design of a heat exchanger
• First year spent studying general engineering which has given me experience in structures, materials, electronics and mechanics.
Maiden Erlegh School, Reading, England 2009-2016
• A Levels: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), Chemistry (A*)
• Award for Best Year 13 Maiden Erlegh Academic Performance 2016
• GCSEs: 11A*s
• Recipient of the Nick Stamp trophy for Maiden Erlegh sports personality of the year 2013.
Thomas is an incredibly hardworking student. He is very good at explaining things clearly and a brilliant mathematical problem solver.
He is a patient, caring and logical tutor.
I am Tom's mum and he has always been very good at Maths. He is calm, patient and friendly and able to explain concepts in a clear way. He would often help his friends at school when they got stuck at GCSE and A level and realised that he would be good at tutoring. He is continuing to study maths as part of his chemical engineering degree.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|