My teaching methods involve a lot of affirmation of what's being taught, so there is true understanding. Online lessons will take place over Zoom or Skype with webcam and whiteboard.
Lesson length is totally dependant on the student but typically runs between 45 and 90 minutes.
My lessons are targeted for students taking their GCSE's, A levels or first year Chemical Engineering students.
My name is Ra'id Sheikh and I've recently graduated from university with an honours degree in chemical engineering. The course was extremely intensive and highly challenging but the skillset, attitude and work ethic I gained as a result was worth it.
I have experience in tutoring my younger brother for his GCSE's where he achieved 8's in all the subject areas I taught him. During my time at university I was elected to partake in Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS). During this time I underwent training for teaching so that I could effectively assist in teaching lower years in particularly difficult modules.
I found that my teaching and leadership ability was exemplified through countless group projects as well as direct student feedback. I enjoy teaching and I'm highly invested in each students performance, as their work is also a reflection of my capability.
Any custom packages may also be discussed.
A disciplined 3rd year Chemical Engineering student who excels in spearheading groupwork projects with high level technical ability as well as verbal and written communicative skills, proven multiple times through team projects in and out of academia. Including achieving 90% in a 5-man design project, trumping the entire cohort. Elected indiscriminately as team leader for final year dissertation. In addition to personability, my technical
aptitude is highlighted below.
2017-2021(present) Swansea University
Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons) - 2:1
• Modules include: Reactor Design 1/2, Fluid Mechanics 1/2, separation Processes 1/2, Chemical Process
Principles, Process Analysis and Design, Fluid Flow, Thermodynamics of Process Design, Process
Modelling, Process Design and Simulation, Safety and Loss Prevention, Engineering Management and
Chemical Engineering Design Project.
• Proficient in Excel, AutoCAD, MATLAB, ASPEN, HYSIS, Visio. Highly skilled in solving problems
laterally offering alternative solutions.
• Past design projects:
- Cooling tower design (solo).
- Production of mono-chlorobenzene (Team leader) focusing on the system design and mathematics as
well as PFD achieving 90%.
- Gas fluidisation unit bed (solo).
• Current projects:
- Producing 500000L of cider, 200000L of Apple cider vinegar and 20000L of non - alcoholic cider,
using mechanical presses, fermentation, finning, reverse osmosis, and other unit operations.
- Designing a CO2 capture system using cryogenic compression using highly technical mathematic
2010-2017 Watford Grammar School for Boys
• 3 A-levels in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
• 11 GCSEs between A and B: Mathematics(A) Physics(A) Chemistry(A) English Lit(A).
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
2020-2021 – Elected as TEAM LEADER for Chemical Engineering Design Project
• This role required a great deal of analytical decision making, communication and adaptability coupled with conflict
solving and creative problem solving.
2019-2020 – Student Representative for Chemical Engineering
• Served as a point of contact between staff and students to better uphold the quality of teaching and
• Allowed me to hone my leadership and negotiation working towards the HEAR award.
– PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) Leader
• Facilitated in the mentoring of 1st years during 2nd year, through particularly difficult modules from 1st year building trusting relationships.
Ra’id is the best maths tutor I have ever had! He helped me get an A* in both my GCSE’s and A levels - without him I definitely wouldn’t have got it. He explains things so well, much better than my school teachers who I find so patronising and arrogant. He somehow makes maths fun and enjoyable. I guarantee you will get an A* if you get tutored by Ra’id!!
Very friendly and easy to talk with. Has a great background in mathematics and is a pleasure to learn with.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|