- A freelance music teacher, where I have been teaching young adult beginners on both the piano and violin since the year of 2018. Pupil's goals range from wanting to learn the instrument casually, to wanting to elevate their skills to the next level.
- Since 2019, I hold the role of a teaching assistant in the St George's Music Academy Programme, where I coach students of age 6-8 of different skill levels on the percussion, recorder, and piano.
- Typical length of a lesson ranged from 45 mins to 60 mins, depending on a student's level.
- Aim to help students to understand the underlying function of scales and basic exercises. I utilise basic concepts from etudes and help students to recognise how they can be used and apply them in their pieces.
- Regardless of the age of the student, my goal is to make the session as interesting and as efficient as possible. Therefore, pointing students in the direction to develop independent music learning skills.
Hello! I am a classically trained musician and have been playing the violin and piano since a very young age. Whilst studying for my Bachelor’s Degree in Music at King’s College London, I have played in numerous orchestras, including the University of London Symphony Orchestra, King’s College London Orchestra, and Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra. I had the opportunity to work under conductors such as Peter Stark, Daniel Capps, Jonathan Lo, and James Blair. These experiences ignited my passion for classical music, and I love to spread my knowledge on both the violin and piano.
Joey is an extremely friendly person who has so much passion for all things music and performance. She is dedicated to every task she puts her mind to and loves to inspire other people to reach their potential. I have known Joey for three years now from completing a music degree at King's College London.
I recommend Joey because she provides high quality lessons that correspond to the students needs. She is reliable and inspires confidence and motivation to her fellow musicians as well as her students.
Joey is a dedicated and nurturing tutor. During the 7 years that I have known her as a dear friend and colleague, I have seen her resilience and hard work as a student, being guided by a variety of different tutors, both good and bad. As a result, this experience has afforded Joey the knowledge that patience and encouragement (in addition to discipline) is crucial in order to allow a student to flourish. Furthermore, her many years of experience on the piano and violin, in solo and ensemble/orchestral settings, will surely provide well rounded lessons that touch on the many skills a musician requires.
Throughout my piano lessons with Joey, she has taught me basic form, beginner techniques, how to read sheet music and etudes. Joey is a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable tutor who is able to translate her knowledge into teaching and has a great amount of patience for her students. She has tailored her lessons to my comfortability whilst maintaining consistency for my progression in my skills on the piano. I cannot recommend her enough!
A kind and patient teacher, Joey draws from her vast academic and playing experience, adapting her teaching methods to cater to each student’s needs. Current students always mention they really enjoy lessons with Joey!
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music early learning activities - for children lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music lessons for all!
Taking musical education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£240||£250|