I have graduated from a BA degree in English from Exeter University with a First. I currently tutor GCSE English language and literature. I think success is all about enjoyment and confidence. If you begin to enjoy a subject and find enthusiasm for it, and gain confidence at the same time, you are bound to do well.
For our lesson, I will have prepared a past paper, having consulted the mark scheme in detail. During the lesson, we will run through the paper together, helping the student to understand what the question is asking of them, and then they will attempt the question. We will then go over it together and compare it to the mark scheme to see how they could have gained full marks. I am flexible however, if the student has anything specific they want to work on, I am always happy to help spontaneously. But I will always have work for them prepared If they just need extra exam practise. I believe that repetition of methods such as PEE, for example, is the best way for the student to gain the best marks they can when it comes to the exam, as they will know how to ensure that they pick up all the points.
Hello! I am a student at the University of Exeter in my fourth year studying English and French. I am half French and have near-native level spoken French, so I can be especially helpful for French oral lessons. I am an English tutor on MyTutor and have extensive experience working with school children undertaking their GCSEs.
I am fully booked until the first of June, but am looking for work over the summer once the exams are over, from June to August, perhaps to prepare your child for their subjects come September, or to give them that extra confidence boost before the start of the school year!
Last year, I went on my year abroad, which I split between Canada and France. In Montréal, I studied Canadian and English literature for a term. I am passionate about literature, reading, and writing. I aim to convey my enthusiasm for this subject to students struggling with it, or who are not particularly enthused by it; both of my parents were teachers, so I have always been in an environment of people who love to learn and teach. Correspondingly, for the second term of my year abroad, I worked in Normandy as an activity instructor. There, my job was to teach French to English school children from ages 9-18 in fun and active ways. From this experience, I understood that each child needs to have things explained in unique ways to suit their brain. I became adaptable and learnt many different techniques of teaching.
Rates may vary, happy to discuss!
Present: Private Tutor at MyTutorWeb
Assist students for GCSE English and French online through engaging and interactive digital tutorials. Independently prepare and find material for the lessons, focusing on each individual student’s personal needs and goals.
January-July 2017: Activity Instructor at Château de la Baudonnière
At a specialised bilingual French learning centre in Normandy, my role was to teach French to English children from ages 9-18 through activities such as rock-climbing, kayaking, archery, bread-making and many more. Solely responsible for taking groups up to 14 for three hour sessions at a time. Also led whole school groups of up to sixty people to local areas of interest such as the D-Day Beaches. Reference available.
Summer 2015: Waitress at Café Lucca in Bath
Gained professional skills at a thriving café at the heart of Bath in the busy summer period. Fast-pace environment, operated as a key member of a team to help the business run smoothly.
2013-2014: Salesperson at Stag in Bath
Independently opened and closed the shop, managed it throughout the day, dealt with customers, restocked supplies, helped with finances and did till counts.
February 2013: Work experience at 'L’EICAR' Cinema School in Paris
Assisted and learnt from many different departments such as working at the equipment ‘shop’ where students would come to request material for their filming, assisted in filming, holding cameras and different light filters. Joined in with a Burlesque dance masterclass.
2011-2012: Volunteer teaching assistant in Ballet classes for Wendy Clark School of Ballet
Supported my teacher with the younger and more lively groups, from Grades 1-5. Assisted the young dancers to improve their technique, aided with discipline, and helped bring energy to the classes
2010: Voice recordings for the voice of the main character in ‘Le Grand Mystère Français’
Worked in a professional studio with audiovisual professionals on a new learning resource for schools. I had to speak in French and English, animate my voice and act, and sing a song.
• Currently a fourth-year student at Exeter University studying English and French (2014-2018) Obtained a First-class grade in my second and third years.
• Studied literature at L’Université du Québec à Montréal in Canada for one term on exchange (August-December 2016)
• Received an 'A’ grade for A level in French, English literature and Dance in 2014 at Prior Park College in Bath
• Obtained 11 GCSEs including five 'A*' grades, three 'A' grades and three 'B' grades in 2012 at Prior Park College in Bath
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bilingual English/French
• Trained in first aid and civilian safety (Winter 2017)
• Completed ‘teaching orienteering’ course (Winter 2017)
• Obtained kayak qualification ‘Pagaie Jaune’ (Winter 2017)
• RAD Ballet grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and distinction in Intermediate (vocational) level (Summer 2014)
• Publicly interviewed Prima Ballerina Darcey Bussell (Spring 2013)
• LAMDA grade 4 with distinction (2012)
Hobbies and Personal Interests:
• Played tennis for three years
• Played cricket for three years
• Competed in rhythmic gymnastics for five years up to national level winning medals
• Contemporary and Modern dance, Ballet for 8 years (receiving a qualification allowing me to teach in this domain),
• Passionate about music, going to up to 30 live shows a year
• Enjoy the theatre, most recently having seen The RSC’s rendition of Hamlet in Plymouth, ‘Ghost Dances’ by Rambert in Bath, and ‘Art’ by Yasmina Reza in London.
• I write poetry and short stories in my own time for pleasure, love to read
• Participation in cultural events such as talks or festivals
• I also enjoy moving around and exploring the world, having visited Norway, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Canada and the USA
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£17||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£75||Not available||£75|