I am happy to provide lessons for students up to A-Level. My favoured style is for students to identify specific problems or areas where they are having difficulty. I then start from the beginning and teach them everything they need in order to understand and tackle the problem themselves, rather than just giving them the solution or teaching them model answers.
I am a Mechanical Engineer who works as a Graduate Researcher at a transport research company (TRL). I studied at Loughborough University and received a First Class degree. I worked previously for JCB, mainly designing their diesel engines, and have mentored a group of Sixth Form students through the Engineering Education Scheme (EES).
- First Class Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University
- A-Levels: Maths (A*), Physcis (A*), Chemistry (A*)
- High School: 11 GCSEs, 9A* and 2A grades
- Currently a Graduate Researcher at the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), working on future transport solutions with companies such as Highways England.
- Worked previously at JCB, primarily designing diesel engines.
- I am a member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) as an Engineering Technician (EngTech). I am currently working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Whilst at JCB, I mentored a group of college (sixth form) students through the Engineering Education Scheme (EES). This saw me presenting them with a genuine engineering problem and guiding them through the design process to produce a solution.
- In the final year of my degree, I mentored a group of second year students on a project with Autocraft DS, a company that remanufactures engines. Again, I used my academic and industrial experience to guide them through the design process.
- I have tutored friends and family members in maths, physics and engineering.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|