I base my teaching methodology on what the client wants to get out of their session and making sure they can take home the knowledge they have learnt and apply it to their diet. This way, when we meet up for another session, I can see how effective the previous session was and how to move forward in progression.
I managed to gain my knowledge and understanding for sports nutrition and other fields during my time at the University of Exeter. I am now able to apply a training program and nutritional diary for an individual of any age. Also taking into account if they are involved in physical activity and what their outcome goals are.
The tariffs will differ depending on the level of experience in the field. But we can discuss that at a further date.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
THE UNIVERSITY OF EXETER (2014 – 2017) - BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: 2:2
Modules included: Physiological Determinants, Clinical Exercise Prescription, Paediatrics, Research Methods, Statistics, Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition, Sport Physiology.
STRODES SIXTH FORM COLLEGE (2011 – 2014) - BTEC Sport: 3 Distinction*
Communication: My large range of customer facing roles working at Totepool and Ocado has developed my communication skills significantly. My communication was further developed at university through presentations and group work, particularly during a scientific poster conference where I presented my dissertation research to world leading researchers.
Teamwork: I have shown the ability to work in a team at the Wimbledon Championships. I had to work as part of a close knit group for the duration of the tournament, ensuring that everyone integrated and felt at ease with each other to ensure our jobs were completed efficiently. My time as a member of the university football club also involved considerable teamwork during training and BUCS matches.
Problem Solving- As a scientist, I am logical and analyse situations in a way that is impartial and fair. This approach has helped throughout university where I have learnt to juggle academic work, part time employment and competitive sport.
IT Skills- worked with a wide range of databases, statistical and software packages including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and SPSS. Confident in running VO2max testing with a range of equipment.
Time management: My role as a delivery driver at Ocado involved me sticking to a strict schedule due to customers having a specific delivery slot which I had to adhere to. At university, I was also able to successfully balance my sporting commitments and fitness regime around revision and exams.
SPORT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
McLaren Applied Technologies – Dec 2016
• Worked in the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre with the Sport Scientist, studying athlete’s training and season results.
• Analysed and reported all findings in a clear and precise format which was presented the McLaren team.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Passion for football. Played in the West Surrey League Division 1. Also played for Virginia Water Football Club. Active member of Exeter University Athletic Football Club
• Fundraising: Worked for Oxfam at Latitude Festival as a steward while raising money for the Syrian Refugee crisis. Also helped organise fundraising events with the university football club.
• I have a passion for health, fitness and technology and currently run a fitness focused Instagram page which aims to give an insight into my fitness regime.
• I’ve skied since the age of 8 and have completed my gold level ESF skiing level. I have also participated in slaloms.
• I am a keen traveller and enjoy visiting countries with a diverse culture such as Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Africa and the Caribbean. I have also road-tripped around America and Australia.
• Completed Duke of Edinburgh at Bronze level- involved voluntary work and teamwork when on expeditions.
nutrition lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest weightloss lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, learning to eat well lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|