Learning is a life-long process and nothing at all is boring in this magical, infinite universe.
I learned to play the ukulele when I was 40. I'm now 46 and have just joined a theatrical troupe. At university I sang with a rock band, directed a cabaret, studied psychology and social anthropology and read the complete works of Shakespeare. After 25 years of working in various roles in London, I'm still learning every day as the father of four-year-old twins. Education is life; life is an education. And life should be fun.
Experienced client services director, skilled editor, experienced creative, professional copywriter, digital project manager.
Strong management and coaching experience, including over ten years of editorial and multimedia creative. In-depth knowledge of broadcasting, marketing and publishing industries. Proposals writer and presenter. Generator of new business. A very high level of problem-solving skills, delivering practical solutions quickly under pressure. Expert management of client relationships and in-house production to deliver exceptional results.
M: 07(concealed information)
E: (concealed information)
Experienced client services director
Digital project manager
Strong management experience, including over ten years of editorial and multimedia creative. In-depth knowledge of broadcasting, marketing and publishing industries. Proposals writer and presenter. Generator of new business. A very high level of problem-solving skills, delivering practical solutions quickly under pressure. Expert management of client relationships and in-house production to deliver exceptional results with a positive ROI. Graduate of the University of St Andrews.
Ericsson - Red Bee Media - Broadcasting Dataservices, Broadcast Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London
2005 to present
* Editorial leadership – managing, motivating and training seven writers who produce schedules, billings and programme information of a consistent quality for broadcasters including Channel 4, Sky and Syfy.
* Relationship management – ensuring regular, effective communications between Red Bee and our contacts and major clients including UKTV.
* Management of deadlines – producing engaging copy, design and artwork for use across client websites and the Freeview, Virgin and Sky platforms.
Listings Writer – Team Leader
BBC Worldwide - Broadcasting Dataservices, Uxbridge Road, Ealing
2002 to 2005
* Producing informative and engaging television listings for broadcasters including the BBC.
* Providing up-to-the-minute data on programmes and schedules while responding to tight deadlines.
* Editing and writing press information packs, including picture research and design management.
* Training staff to use bespoke software systems.
Senior Account Executive - Account Director
The Rapport Group, Hanover Street, London
1998 to 2002
* Project management of multimedia marketing campaigns, ensuring work produced was on-brand, timely and effective.
* Blue chip client services – national projects created for diverse brands such as Pepsi, WH Smith, Heinz, Hasbro, The Scoliosis Association, Tango and Philips.
* Training of account executives and managing of external suppliers such as writers, artists and designers.
* Client liaison including face-to-face meetings and hospitality.
* Generation of new business – identified and converted business opportunities from existing clients, pitched and sold new campaigns to new clients.
* Writing and editing print-based and multimedia resources, commission and briefing of writers, artists and designers.
* Research and writing of business proposals and creation of price estimates, follow-up market research into projects’ success including quantitative and qualitative analysis and creation of response reports.
* Event speaker – presented at the company’s stand at the Education Show, Birmingham NEC.
Hodder Headline - Brockhampton Press, Bloomsbury Street, London
1995 to 1998
* Retail partnership management - handling accounts with booksellers, ranging from independent outlets to chains such as Waterstones.
* Editing and writing of promotional copy which effectively publicised books to retailers.
* Company administration – processing of invoices and credit notes, management of distribution.
MA (Honours) 2.1 English Language and Literature
University of St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
1990 to 1994
This four-year course also included modules in Psychology, Information Processing (Computer Science) and Social Anthropology.
Cults Academy, Aberdeen, Scotland
1984 to 1990
Highers: English, Physics, Biology, Modern Studies, History, Art and Design.
O Grade: English, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Art and Design.
Scotvec: Media Studies.
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft PowerPoint
* Microsoft Excel
* Quark Xpress
* Metadata management
- References are available upon request -
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|