Mathematics and Physics are not about memorising, they’re about understanding. This idea is at the core of my sessions and as such my lesson plans are completely based around the student and their level of understanding.
Once we have a basic grasp of a topic we will begin to look at some real-world applications of the topic to show why something is important to know in the first place. Throughout this learning process, I quiz my students on what we have covered by asking exam-style questions to help build their confidence in answering such questions.
My focus is on creating an interactive learning environment where questions and ideas are always encouraged. Mathematics and Physics are both incredibly powerful and fun subjects and I believe with the right attitude anyone can excel at them!
Hi there! My name is Huw Little and I’ve just completed a Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics at Imperial College London with Distinction. Before this, I studied Physics and Mathematics at Durham University and attained a First Class Honours Degree.
I have been tutoring for the last 6 years. During A-levels I tutored maths to 11-13-year-olds, throughout university I would tutor younger years and I have just recently completed a level 3 qualification in Coaching and Mentoring.
Imperial College London (2017 – 2018) MSc DIC Applied Mathematics - Distinction
Durham University (2014 – 2017) BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Physics - First Class Degree
Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf, Cardiff (2007 – 2014)
A-levels: Physics (A*), Chemistry (A*), Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*)
I am a diligent, resourceful and conscientious worker with strong teamworking and organisational skills. I am a firm believer in the value of education and understanding.
Positions of Responsibility within Education
Glantaf Sixth Form: Student Mathematics tutor. Student Peer Support Programme member. Student Body Council
(2011, 2012, 2014). Head Speaker for the Debating Society. Gold medallist for the Senior Mathematics Challenge achieving highest score in the school (2014). Won the school award for best A-level results and highest marks in the Mathematics and Further Mathematics courses.
Data Analyst, Capital One (March 2019 – Present)
• Solve and implement Data-based solutions.
• Visualise and analyse data-sets.
Intern, Broomfield Alexander (August 2015 - September 2015)
• Completed an on-site audit and worked with the CCH programme.
• Created profiles for clients on the CCH database using information from Companies House and related sites.
Additional Skills and Accomplishments
• Volunteered as a curator and a youth consultant in the Cardiff Story Museum (2013 – 2014).
• Volunteered for the Cardiff Conservation Volunteers (2011 – 2013).
• Completed an ILM Level 2 Award and Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills (2014).
• Proficient in Python, SQL, MATLAB, Git and LaTex programming languages and am familiar with Machine Learning techniques.
• Completed a CMI level 3 Coaching and Mentoring qualification (2018).
• Fluency in Welsh and English.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£28||£20|