- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
Grammar School Teacher, GCSE A Level Maths Online Revision Course Harrow Watford London
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Kamal will be happy to arrange your first Maths lesson.
Duration : 2 - Price : £30.00 - Place : HarrowAn outstanding Grammar High school Maths teacher, I teach Maths up to A -level (New Curriculum), GCSE (New 9-1) Maths, IB, IGCSE and Maths entrance exams.
I am a fully qualified Maths Teacher (QTS) registered with UK National College of Teaching and Leadership. I work in an outstandingly high achieving Grammar school near London.
- Further Maths
So far I have tutored over 150 students on a 1-1 and group /pair basis in the past 10 years alone. This is over 6000 hours of tutoring (40 weeks for each student a year X 150 students = 6000 hours)!
Moreover, I work as a Grammar school teacher and I am required to deliver outstanding lessons in accordance with the OFSTED Framework. Hence I have an accurate and in-depth knowledge of the most recent syllabus changes and the exam boards. That combined with my daily touch of solid Maths puts myself in a very strong position to very quickly and thoroughly assess the educational needs of a student and then build upon their strengths. My lessons are Laser sharp and objective oriented wherein I intend to achieve a very concrete goal at the end of each of my tutoring sessions.
Teaching Pedagogy: The vast majority of One-2-One tutors simply ‘turn-up-and-teach’ without adequate preparation. Maths is mostly about ‘understanding’, and less about ‘throw up facts’. A tutor gets ONE CHANCE to impart ‘understanding’ in a clear and coherent way. Not having prepared and risking an incomplete, confused or incoherent explanation instils confusion in the student, rather than confidence.
• Regular feedback and homework: Most tutors either set no homework at all or thoughtlessly set exercises from a textbook containing inappropriate questions. My homework is specifically written to complement the lesson, containing some questions designed for routine practice and some questions designed to challenge the student; encouraging them to ‘think’ and to develop their logical capacity.
• Exam Practice: I give students plenty of the most recent exam papers for practice – but only at the right time, once they have a deep understanding of all of the individual topics within the syllabus. Far too many tutors use exam papers to ‘teach’ from, which means they are setting papers when the student isn’t ready: The upshot of that is the student’s scores fluctuate wildly and their confidence is destroyed.
Please note that I have access to the latest practice papers for the new syllabus (first assessment September 2018 which are not available that easily in schools or the internet for certain). The old style syllabus exam papers are not competent any more as a lot of new content is added to the new syllabus (especially in Mechanics and Statistics)
My lessons are invigorating, inspirational and cutting edge as I keep a very thorough hold on my subject.
With this immense experience, I have developed a tutoring technique which has produced outstanding results and student achievements every year.
I make the lessons fun and engaging. I try to promote interest in the subject so learning Maths becomes fun and an ongoing natural process. Students take the newly learnt concepts into the school environment and start seeing the results from the very next lesson. This helps to increase their confidence and engagement in the lessons. This, as a result, increases their liking for the subject. This liking is vital to maintaining their engagement, confidence and interest in Maths.
As a result of this process, my tutees are relaxed about learning Maths. This helps them concentrate on other subjects also at the same time and they are able to achieve well holistically. (Having a decent grade in Maths along with those important subjects as well is much better)
I am very confident that my charges are excellent value for money due to the fact that I have delivered outstanding results for my students. Please do not take my word for it. I have many satisfied parents who you can speak to before contracting my services. My past students and their parents have often said that they cannot thank me enough for how much I have changed their career possibilities with those outstanding grades in they achieved in Maths and their overall changed attitude towards learning and education.
In short, you may want to refer me as the Maths A* Specialist.
Please get in touch soon to book your place for success at exams in 2019 and beyond.
- Duration of the training course : 2
- Price of the workshop : £30.00
- Place : Harrow
- Maximum number of students during the training course : 5
- Audience concerned : all
- Course materials are provided to each participant
- Validity of the workshop : all year around
- 5h: £220
- 10h: £435
- + ££10