Hello there, I am a safe and reliable 21 yr old British female university student in London - English speaking. I am a patient and friendly individual with a natural aptitude for teaching - great with youngsters too! I teach skill, theory, share musical knowledge, songwriting craft, different genres and will also suit the pupil's preferred genre. I can teach from my home in E15 or travel to a student's house if needs be. I can do most hours as my job is flexible. I have written and performed for bands for 5 years and have honed my guitar skills for 7 years. Overall, I have a strong passion for music which influences my students.
I have been playing electric and acoustic guitar for 7 years and am now at an advanced level, am in a London rock band and have a Level 3 BTEC diploma in Commercial Music. I started teaching members of family and friends guitar, and found this very fun and fulfilling, which lead me to take on students professionally.
Pay after lesson ends. Rates do not vary.
I am currently a student at London Metropolitan University in a foundation year for Creative Writ-ing and English Literature BA(Hons). Before deciding to attend university, I travelled and worked in a variety of different jobs for two years. These roles included: administrator/receptionist, D&A collection officer, bartender, waitress and cleaner. This experience has given me a broad set of transferrable skills and I can now give excellent customer service above all else. Also, I am calm, professional, punctual, organised and always efficient; I take pride in my dedication to work.
Creative Writing and English Literature – Foundation Year
September 2017 – Present (London Metropolitan University)
• Studying English related topics concerning sociology, education, journalism, etc. until starting my first year of the degree.
• I have received the equivalent of a First for the first semester. (All A grades.)
Christ the King College and Platform One College of Music (Isle of Wight)
2012 - 2015
• Qualifications: Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Commercial Music. (Achieved an overall Merit grade)
• GCSEs: Level 2: English Language, English Literature, Double Science, Media Studies, Textiles, Applied Art, Religious Studies, Citizenship. Level 1: Mathematics, Spanish
Tobacco Docks Food – Waiting and Bar Staff – November 2017 to Present
• Setting up rooms for events
• Professional waitressing and bartending for events
TAM Training Services - Administrator - November 2016 to April 2017
• Answering queries over the phone and booking candidates in for courses
• Compiling course packs (involved photocopying and printing) to ensure that the tutors have all the relevant teaching material and forms for classes.
• Filing, organizing and mailing
• Populating and updating online databases
• Taking payments and generating invoices for customer
• On weekends, working for their sister company, Metro Medicals, as a Drug and Alcohol Collections officer.
Marree Hotel and Pub - Housekeeper, K.P, Kitchen Assistant, Waitress - February to June 2016
• Cleaning and setting up motel-style cabins, hotel rooms, bar and dining areas
• Assisting in the kitchen during breakfast and dinner service. (Food preparation, plating up, washing up and cleaning afterwards).
• Being involved in the running of the hotel. E.g. helping the manager with important deci-sions and improving team work in the establishment.
El Patron Bar and Restaurant - Bartender and Waitress – June to December 2015
• Bartending and barista work. Mainly cocktail making.
• Till work, cash handling and being entrusted with large quantities of money
• Setting up the bar and restaurant for service and cleaning down afterwards
• Taking phone bookings and rearranging/decorating the restaurant for functions and par-ties.
Other: Volunteer kitchen assistant and waitress at “Chatters Café”.
REFERENCES – Can supply on request.
INTERESTS AND ADDITIONAL SKILLS
• Songwriting and performing. (Achieved Level 6 Guitar).
• English literature and sociology; reading and writing.
• Have assisted and worked with people with learning difficulties, mental illnesses and dis-abilities. In addition, helping my disabled brother when I can.
• Achieved Level 3 First Aid at Work and am a Pearson View Certified Administrator.
Perfect! Lovely lessons with a young lady who loves to teach. Great tutor for a total beginner who knows nothing about a guitar. I knew absolutely nothing and she has been a fantastic teacher. Would recommend her highly for lessons. She is a very patient and understanding tutor, she is also very reliable.
Thank you, Amanda! Pleasure to teach you
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest electric guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|