The first thing is to know what the student wants to get from the classes:
-Prepare an audition to access a music degree
-Improve one or more aspects of student's technique
-Improve knowledge of theory / harmony
-Learn different styles or focus on a particular style
-Learn to play songs from your favorite groups
-Practice with different effects pedals
-More than one of the above aspects
Depending on the objective and the level of the student (if starting from scratch or if it's intermediate level) I prepare a plan with small deadlines that can vary depending on the student's progress. Independently of the goal I always try to make sure the student have fun during the process, I'm a friendly person who loves music and teaching.
I am a guitarist and composer graduated in Creative Musicianship, specialized in Music for Moving Image and Songwriting & Creative Technology. I have plenty of experience playing live in different type of formations; cover bands, dance orchestra and original bands. I have taught private lessons to people between the ages of 12 and 50 for more than two years, using my musical experience and knowledge to accomplish their goals.
Depending on the distance the travel expenses may vary.
Selin and the Band/Guitarist
• Playing gigs with the band in venues like: Nambucca, The Venue 229, Nothing Hill arts club, Under the Bridge, Watter Ratts, Zigfrid von Underbelly or Camden Market.
• Getting into the finals of The Coffee Music Project contest 2018.
E.K.O.S. /Guitarist & Songwriter
• Guitarist for an original Spanish hard rock band. Performing at small and venues and local festivals in Galicia (north west of Spain).
• Guitarist at Orchestra Brujas (Dance orchestra/ Function band) Touring the north of Spain, around 150 performances playing pop/ rock hits, pasodobles, cumbias, merengues and rumbas.
Mustang (Cover Band)/Guitarist
• Performing at small venues in Galicia acoustic sets of Rock Covers.
• Recorded a 5 songs EP at Buffalo Studios (London), with Selin and the Band.
• Various EP's with E.K.O.S., and self-produced projects.
• ‘Sons of Exodus’ album, hard rock/ traditional Galician music Album
Music for Moving Image:
• 48 hours Film challenge for the Raindance Festival. Winner with the film ‘The Loop’.
• A documentary about Spanish Gypsies called ‘Achibé’.
• Credits on IMDB for a short film about women named ‘What inspires women’
• A short Film called ‘The London Ninja’.
• An Artist Design project, an abstract video called ‘The Traveler’ and exhibited at the London College of Contemporary Arts.
Cultural Centre Taragoña/Teacher
• Teaching guitar and music theory at a cultural centre in Rianxo (Spain), working with students from 12 years old to 22.
BA (Hons) First Class degree in Creative Musicianship, BIMM London
Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese. Piano (basic). Programs: Logic Pro X. Pro Tools. Ableton Live.
Perfect! fantastic session, both my kids loved the lesson with Carlos!
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking rock guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||£100||£125||Not available|
|10 hours||£200||£250||Not available|