I am happy to teach beginner/intermediate level students. I will prepare fun and exciting learning materials for you, however, if there is anything, in particular, you would like to learn or improve on, please let me know and I can sort this out for you! I use lots of repetition and ask lots of questions to ensure you have clearly understood the material. I will always approach you in a calm and friendly manner! I am very patient as I completely understand the difficulties of learning a new language- I had to learn Japanese too! Also, I understand this through teaching English as a Foreign Language.
PLEASE NOTE: I NO LONGER OFFER THE FIRST LESSON FOR FREE.
I am a professional dancer with twenty years of experience in multiple styles of dance including ballet, modern, tap, jazz, lyrical and contemporary. I have taught Dance privately and with other companies since July 2020. As well as this, I have taught English as a Foreign Language since the start of September to students in Hong Kong, aged 3-13. I graduated in July 2019 with a First Class Honours in BA (Hons) Dance Performance.
Travel fee will depend on the distance travelled. I do prefer online lessons. If you do not cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged.
First Class, BA (hons) Dance Performance graduate from Middlesex University. Certified in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) through obtaining a 150-hour online Advanced TEFL course and an experienced English as a Foreign Language Teacher and Teacher Assistant. Undertaken Dance Teaching and Teaching Assisting roles. Previously worked as a bar/catering staff member and children’s birthday party host. Bilingual in English and Japanese.
• IT skills: word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email and web and social skills.
• Confidence: increased through various job/work experience placements, such as English and dance teaching.
• Hard working: always ensuring every student gains the most enjoyable and valuable experience when teaching English as a Foreign Language.
• Commitment: I have been partaking in multiple styles of dance since the age of three and I am still pushing myself to become better.
• Communication: improved greatly through catering/bar assistant experience, due to constant interaction with customers.
• Time management: I organise my time well, so that I have time for work and other activities, such as dance.
• Patience: teaching English as a Foreign Language has made me understand the difficulty of learning a new language, therefore, it has significantly increased my patience.
Education and Certifications
150-hour Advanced online TEFL course: obtained certificate April 2020.
BA (Hons) Dance Performance- First Class Honours: Middlesex University October 2016- July 2019.
Modules include: Dance Technique and Dance Science (including Dance Science dissertation project).
Practical training includes: Contemporary dance (Graham and Cunningham technique) and ballet.
3 x A-levels: Dance A, Psychology B, Human Biology C. Film Studies B (AS level). Ribston Hall High School Sixth Form September 2013 – July 2015.
12 x GCSEs: Grades A*-C: including English and Mathematics B. Ribston Hall High School September 2008 – July 2013.
Online EFL teacher: Kelly's Education September 2020.
• Teach students in Hong Kong, aged 3-13.
Dance Teaching: Cotswold Stage School September 2020.
• Teach modern/jazz to students aged 6-14.
Dance Teaching: Jessica Ball Dance July 2020.
• Online and face-to-face teaching to students aged 11-66. Multiple styles of dance including lyrical, ballet, modern, jazz and contemporary.
Dance teaching: The Company Dance Academy December 2019.
• Taught ballet and lyrical ballet techniques.
Sports Leading: Cotswold Wind Academy October 2019.
• Organised and led sports activities, including three-legged races and tug of war, for large groups of Japanese and British students.
Dance teaching (shadowing): Ribston Hall High School March 2019.
• Observed practical and theory dance lessons.
• Helped students with choreography.
• Judged a dance competition.
Volunteer, Dance Umbrella party: September 2018.
• Interviewed and filmed guest artists, including Richard Alston and Mary Wigman.
Catering/bar staff and party host: Oxstalls Sports Park September 2015- September 2016.
• Experience in food handling, cooking and bar work.
• Birthday party organising.
• Achieved Level 2 in Food Safety and Hygiene.
English Teaching assistant: Cotswold Wind Academy July 2014-present.
• English as a Foreign Language teaching assistant for Japanese students of various ages.
• Previous experience of teaching Russian students.
Dancing, singing, acting, listening to music, skiing, playing the piano and playing badminton.
References and current DBS certificate are available upon request.
You can easily tell that Jessica is professionally trained in multiple styles of dance. Excellent teaching skills. Clear and easy to follow.
Jessica is a fantastic dance teacher! So professional, lovely and patient. Would definitely recommend!
japanese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - japanese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - japanese lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - japanese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|