- Hourly rate £25
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Hannah - Charlton Park - Music Theory
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
A motivated, enthusiastic and committed teacher and performer. I have experience and enjoy teaching in many different situations, including 1 to 1 and groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach bassoon, clarinet, saxophone, piano and music theory / GCSE music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Masters of Arts from the Royal Academy of Music (July 2015)
Bachelors of Music Degree (with Honours) - 2:1
ABRSM Grade 8 Bassoon, ABRSM Grade 8 Clarinet, ABRSM Grade 8 Piano, ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory.
A* in Music GCSE and a B in Music A Level.
- How much do you charge?
£25 per hour £15 per half hour (lesson lengths are negotiable)
- Where do you teach?
I mainly teach at my home in Charlton however I am willing to travel to pupils homes.
- When are you available?
My timetable is flexibile.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I have experience in teaching all ages and abilities ranging from beginners as young as 5 to adults studying towards their grade 8.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I usually prepare students for ABRSM exams however this may change depending on the student.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
The bassoon is classed as a rare breed instrument and as a result of this there are many opportunities for bassoonists, especially if they start at a young age.
- Music Theory
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
• Woolwich Music Academy - Woodwind and Piano teacher (2013 - present)
• Thomas Tallis School - Woodwind and Piano Teacher (2012 - present)
• Little London School of Music - Bassoon Demonstrator/Workshop Helper (2015 - present)
• Chelsea Quavers - Music Theory Tutor (2014 - present)
• South London Youth Orchestra - Woodwind (Bassoon) Mentor (2014)
• Bexleyheath Academy - Woodwind and Piano Teacher (2012 - 2014)
• Loughton Music Academy - Woodwind and Piano Teacher (2011 - 2013)
• Pro Corda's Orchestral Course Woodwind Mentor 2012
• Water City Orchestra Woodwind (Bassoon) Mentoring 2009 - 2013
I have also played in many established orchestras and have played in various shows throughout the UK.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Bassoon - Royal Academy of Music - John Orford
Bassoon - Trinity College of Music - Simon Estell
Sax - Trinity College of Music - Melanie Henry
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I currently teach at Thomas Tallis School and Woolwich Academy of Performing Arts. I have over 30 students of all ages and abilities, woodwind and piano.
- 5h: £125
- 10h: £250