I prepare well for lessons, and try to tailor the lessons to the individuals' interests in order to best help them engage with the material they're learning. I am enthusiastic about the material and try to help my students see how interesting it is.
I am in my third year at Harvard University, studying History & Literature. I studied both History and English at the Higher Level of the International Baccalaureate, and have prior experience tutoring and working with kids from ages 8 through to 18.
945 Memorial Drive • Cambridge, MA 02138 • (concealed information) • (concealed information)
HARVARD UNIVERSITY Cambridge, MA,USA
A.B. Candidate in History & Literature. GPA: 3.423 2015 -
Thesis Candidate with Honors
ST LEONARDS SENIOR SCHOOL St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK
SAT Subject Test: Literature – 750, Mathematics Level 1 - 700 2008 - 2014
SAT Scores: Reading – 800, Math – 620, Writing – 710
IB – 37 points (7,6,5 in Geography, History and English Literature HL)
GCSEs – 10 A*, 1 A
HEAD OF GOD SAVE THE QUEEN EDUCATION PROGRAMME June, 2017 -
• Leader of the academic branch of the God Save The Queen Foundation ((concealed information) , which aims to work with youth clubs and universities across Britain to set up programmes educating students about the gender inequalities in the music industry.
SUPPORT FOR AUTISTIC STUDENT AT HARVARD February, 2017 -
• Worked constructively with a severely autistic student at the Harvard Extension School, developing a positive partnership in communicating and learning together.
CAMBRIDGE QUEEN’S HEAD PUB
Public Relations for Live Music @ Cambridge Queen’s Head, Karaoke MC & Host March, 2016 -
• Worked collaboratively with karaoke co-host to run the college’s popular Karaoke Night every Friday evening.
• Energized the ability to work late hours and under pressure.
LIBERAL DEMOCRAT POLITICAL PARTY North East Fife, Scotland, UK
Canvasser Jan – May 2015
• Youngest active member and volunteer of my local constituency’s canvassing and door-to-door efforts in the lead up to the 2015 UK General Election.
• Displayed competency and fluency with Excel to compile data on individuals’ likelihood to vote across large swathes of the constituency.
Leadership and Activities
VARSITY ATHLETE FOR HARVARD WOMEN’S RUGBY 2015 -
• First-team starter and fly-half as a freshman: called all the plays in every game.
• Demonstrated composure and leadership skills under a challenging environment both on and off the pitch.
ON HARVARD TIME 2017 -
• Correspondent/presenter on the popular Harvard YouTube comedy channel On Harvard Time.
RATHBONES U19 LACROSSE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Scotland U19 Lacrosse Athlete Edinburgh, Scotland, 2015
• First-team starter of all games.
• Experienced serious pressure at knock-out stages of the World Championships and came through with recording my highest-quality personal stats in the final two, and most pressurizing, games.
SAINSBURY’S SCHOOL GAMES – 2013 and 2014
2-time Scotland U19 Rugby Sevens Athlete Sheffield, England, 2014
• Played most minutes of any of the squad, showing technical and mental development from the previous year’s competition
• Helped guide Scotland to first ever appearance in a Sevens Plate Final at U19 level.
Manchester, England, 2013
• Displayed composure as one of the two youngest players in the Scotland squad in an international sporting environment.
SCHOOL SPORTS CAPTAIN 2013 - 14
• Leader and official captain of girls’ sports at St Leonards.
• First team starter in hockey and lacrosse and captain of the school’s first-ever female football team.
GRADE 8 DISTINCTION 2011
• Joint-youngest at school to receive Grade 8 (at 14 years old)
• Earned highest distinction for the Grade
Skills and Interests
Technical: Proficient in Microsoft programmes and social media
Language: Conversational standard French
Interests: Playing and listening to music, writing, rugby, watching sports, reading about current affairs
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|