To be honest, there is no default methodology when engaging with clients, every musician or creator approaches the music making and learning process differently, accordingly, I tend to assess each client according to their developmental needs from an upskilling perspective, whilst also assessing their current level of proficiency; It is far easier to provide bespoke programmes for clients once the a prospective client has been assessed.
I am a music professional, who enjoyed his first of over 20 UK Top 20 hits as a 16 year old. I have been signed to labels suchs as Warner chappell Music, Sony, WEA, SIre, Kobalt and RCA.
I have decided to join this online platform to give back, rather than exploit clients. My achievements in the music and media industries speak for themself. Let's jam!
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Planning & Implementation
Team Leadership & Coaching
New Business Management
Youth Empowerment Initiatives
Training & Development
Digital Music Production
Professional Careers Development
Continuous Skills Improvement
Effective Communication Skills
Effect Lesson Planning
Smart Sheet Project Management
Mixing and Production
Logic Pro DAW
INQUEST Panel Member
British Academy of Composers & Songwriters
Project Facilitator May 2019 – Present
Oasis Hadley Youth Academy - Urban Music Production & Lyric Writing Workshop - Ponders End, London
• Establish and run S.O.U.L Media, The Urban Music Production and Lyric Writing Workshop’s’ at Oasis Hadley Youth Academy, Ponders End region; reach to communities to empower youth through music and the arts.
• Initiate a youth empowerment programme, as a platform of music therapy, employment, and careers development run for 12 weeks.
Project Facilitator April 2019 - Present
HMP Mount - Licensed Internships For Ex- offenders, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
• Enabled S.O.U.L Media to secure a contract to provide mentoring, employment, and training opportunities to inmates within the music industry at HMP Mount.
• Led L.I.F.E (Licensed Internships For Ex-offenders) project in conjunction with HMP Mount; facilitated the participants to develop talents and forge tangible career opportunities within the music industry.
• Provided internships, traineeships and other employment opportunities within the industry; provided the licensees with the tools to make the right decisions for self, family and community in times of crisis.
• Developed a record label and publishing company in partnership with private sector stakeholders; signed artists and producers, while providing recording facilities to licensees on the time of release.
Tutor/Lecturer April 2019 - Present
(concealed information) - School of Sound Recording - Camden, London
• Delivered lectures of MU3063, Career Focus 3, and Professional Preparation to BA (Hons) students at SSR Camden one day each week.
• Prepared students to present a body of work, at the end of the term that defined specific career pathway in the music business.
• Taught the learners to evaluate current business practices and methodologies for achieving the vocational goal within a specialist field.
• Enabled the students to research and produce a contextual report adhering to academic conventions.
Peripatetic Music Tutor Feb 2019 - Present
MusicTutors.com - Holborn, London
• Travelled to clients’ homes to teach music related topics of their choice.
• Provided services for beginners and advanced of all ages, including Basic lyric and song-writing techniques for hitmakers, Urban Music Production Masterclasses on Logic Pro X, Pop Music Production Masterclass, and Mix Tape projects.
Freelance Music Practitioner Jan 2019 - April 2019
SupaJam Education - Swanley, London
• Ensured high standards of teaching and continuity through effective lesson planning, as well as delivery and marking of students’ activities and projects.
• Conducted music technology and song-writing masterclasses for SEN/NEET, and physically challenged learners; gained effective record of student progress.
• Implemented ECHP’s and utilised SEN teaching practices to support learners of SupaJam education.
• Engaged with students to encourage learner(s) progress and arranging intervention programs as required.
• Collaborated with the management team to develop and expand the SupaJam programme in the targeted marketplace.
Director of Outreach and Development September 2018 - December - 2019
OMG Education - Bow, London
• Delivered qualification specification NCFE Level 1 Award in music technology.
• Developed career gateways for NEET youth referrals via collaboration with public sector providers including local councils, YOTS, and probationary services.
• Co-ordinated comprehensive ECHP’s with relevant agencies and local authority services
• Designed lesson plans and delivered the educational program, as well as key work and liaison with M.A.S.H and other relevant borough social service organisations.
• Mentored all cohort trainees throughout the programmes, whilst providing support and advice for learner(s) with career choices and general welfare.
• Liaised with CAMHS and other relevant support services where appropriate.
• Co-ordinated initiatives on behalf of OMG that created funding opportunities, financing, sponsorships, and business development opportunities
Additional Experience- Music and Entertainment
Project Facilitator @ the Schools Of Urban London Awards in partnership with The Met Police, June 2018
Lead Care Worker and Music Therapist to the Autistic @ CMG Care Management Group June 2018
Client Support ‘Buddy’ @INQUEST - Family Reference Group member, April 2017 to Present
Graduate Recruitment Officer @ Tuckers Solicitors, 2017 to 2018
Audio Production Specialist @ City & Islington College, 2015 to 2017
Artist and Writer @ Kobalt Music Publishing, Feb 2010 - April 2017
Head of Music & Production @ Code 7 Charity, March 2016 - March 2017
Founder of Music Mentors, 2008 to 2011
Music Tech Teacher (BTEC ) @ Greenwich and Woolwich Community College, 2002 to 2006
Label Consultant/Artist Management @ Independiente, Kobalt, Go-Beat - RCA - EMI - Warner Chappell - Sony - 2000 to 2010
Artist/Producer @ Warner Chappell - WEA - SIRE - Sony - 1988 – 2008
Additional Experience - Legal/Political
Tuckers Solicitors – Sep 11th 2017 to Sep 22nd2018
London South Bank University - Sep 2014 to July 2017
Voted LSBU Student Mentor - 2016/17
Voted LSBU Class of 2014/14 Cohort Representative - 2014/15
Lambeth County Court Help Desk Volunteer - Oct to Dec 2015
St Patricks College Criminal Law Moot Competition Winner - Holborn, Sep 2013 to July 2014
Founder of Campaign 4 Justice - Justice and Equality Movement, 2011 to 2014
Public Speaker @ ITN, SKY, City Hall, RT News, Channel 4 - 2011 to 2013
Political Analyst/Community Leader @ C4J - Met Police, City Hall 2011 - 2013
LLB Law (BA Hons) - 1:1 London South Bank University, London, United Kingdom - July 2017
Certificate in Organised Crime and Terrorism - Level 6 - Winner of ‘Best Political Speech’ at PECS University Awards - Faculty of Law - PECS University, Hungary - 23rd to 29th April 2017
Law (HNC) - (7/10 Merits) - Winner of Criminal Law mooting competition, St Patricks College, Holborn, London, United Kingdom - September 2014
Level 2/3 Safeguarding - Kent Safeguarding Children’s Board - Dec 2018 - Jan 2019
Autism Awareness - Child Sexual Exploitation - Gangs and Youth Violence - Safeguarding Against Radicalisation - Safeguarding Children - Substance Misuse & Understanding Behaviour of Children and Young People.
Certification in Education and Training - Level 4 - Leading to QTS - Feb 2020
music production lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music technology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, mixing lessons for all!
Taking music recording lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|