I believe that 1:1 teaching should be tailored for the needs of the student and be challenging. I will do this for you, whether you wish to study Business, General or Exam English.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Exam English - Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and IELTS
Key stage 2-4 English incl. GCSE English Language
- Tell me about your qualifications.
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
Bilingual Secretarial Diploma
Certificate in Education (post-compulsory)
Cert IBET (Distinction) - specialist Business English teaching certificate (Trinity/English UK)
- How much do you charge?
£25 per hour in my home or at your workplace/home, if the journey by car is less than 15 minutes each way. I hope you will understand that I need to charge more for longer distances or rush hour journeys.
My minimum lesson duration is 1.5 hours face-to-face and I recommend 1 hour slots for online tuition.
Please note: the above price is for 1:1 lessons. For additional students (at a similar level of English) or for small groups, the cost per hour will be higher and I will quote on demand.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my own home and at your home or workplace if practical and required. My home is close to Emersons Green Science Park, Keynsham, Downend, Fishponds, Staple Hill, Frenchay, Saltford, Bitton and Hanham. I am willing to travel locally - no more than 15 minutes each way, for no extra charge, schedule and time of day dependent.
- When are you available?
My availability is variable, daytime or early evening, finishing no later than 7 p.m.
Sunday is my day off.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Adults - general, exam, in-company and business
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE English Language
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am happy to teach online and find the Zoom platform very useful for this purpose. Alternatively, I can teach by Skype or Face Time.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
If you have any more questions about what I can offer you, please ask me. It doesn't cost anything to ask me a question!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have several years experience of teaching ESOL in college, community and workplace venues, as well as EFL, Business English and exam preparation in college and on a 1:1 basis. In the holiday periods, I sometimes teach homestay students (teenagers and adults) who come and live in our home, whilst I teach them intensively and take them on trips.
I am used to teaching 15+ EFL/ESOL and also primary school children whose parents want them to have some individual tuition to improve their English. In the last four years, I have taught several corporate clients who have relocated to the UK from other parts of Europe and need to improve their English for business and social purposes.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Polytechnic of Wales (Bilingual Secretarial Diploma)
City of Bristol College (Cert Ed and CELTA)
EMB (Cert IBET)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My current and recent students are:
- two Polish adults who are living and working in the UK and want English to help them communicate better with colleagues and other English native speakers
- a Spanish journalist wishing to actively use English, as she sometimes needs it for work and when travelling
- two Polish engineers trying to improve their English for work and a Masters course
- two Polish teenagers (one online and one face-to-face)
- a Russian woman who wishes to improve her spoken English and listening skills
- some Russian and Chinese students that I am teaching online, for speaking purposes and IELTS preparation
- a French woman whose family have relocated to Bristol for her husband's job
- 3 teenagers (Y11) preparing for GCSE English; 1 Y5, Y6 and 3 Y9 students.
In the last couple of years, I have worked with a Hungarian businessman preparing for the Cambridge Advanced exam (he passed) and improving his Business English for work purposes, an Italian man preparing for IELTS in order to apply for a place at university and a British man preparing for General IELTS. At the start of 2017, I was part of a team intensively teaching a German businessman who had relocated to the city and needed cultural and survival English, as well as English for work purposes. Four of my students took IELTS in spring/summer 2016 and got the scores they needed. I have recently finished working with a Spanish engineer who wanted to improve his English for meetings, presentations and reports at work, whilst on location in Bristol.
A massive thank you for all your help and support in helping me on my journey through IELTS, I could not have completed it without you.
Your belief in me gave me the confidence to pass and achieve a 7.5 overall, which I never thought I could gain.
Heather is a really kind person. As I needed to study for the Ielts certificate and I had a very short time to study on my own, she prepared me to face the exam with an intensive four week plan.
I reached the level I needed to pass the exam with the score requested from the University where I was applying.
So, finally I can really advise everyone to try to be helped by Heather.
Thank you for our lessons.
You are the best teacher ever!
I love our English classes.
business english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest IELTS lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, certificate of advanced english cae lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|