In order to go further with my tutoring approach, I successfully attended the Annual Training Program on Psychology of the Greek Public Academy, studying among other things Developmental and Child Psychology, Special Treatment, Psychology of Language, Thematic Blocs for Parents and Social Psychology. Every student is unique and special, this is why I always try to adapt my teaching methods and communication to meet different needs and interests. Therefore, I emphasise student-centred and active teaching approaches to engage students in their learning, which should be a continuous and personalised process.
I have been tutoring students in their preparation for high school and university entrance exams (Panhellenic) in Greek literature, history and language since 2010. However, during the last five years, along with my main job as an interpreter, I have expanded my interests to teaching Greek and Russian as a foreign language. I particularly enjoy the process of gradually building knowledge and skills in the mind of my students, but most of all, the interaction with them.
University of Glasgow, MA Classics and Russian, 2:1 with Distinction in Russian. 2015-2020
Tver State University, Study Abroad: Russian, Russia. 2017-2018
Glasgow Clyde College, Certificate, Introduction to Public Service Interpreting. 2015
Democritus University of Greece, BA Greek Philology, 2:1. 2006-2011
NHS Interpreting Services, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde 2015-2020
Sessional Interpreter (Greek-English and vice versa).
• provide precise interpretation and, occasionally, translation of critical medical information in direct service to physicians and/or other health care providers
• maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with NHS policies and standards and following protocols
• ensure accurate, unbiased, and non-judgmental communication
• interact in a professional, yet positive, manner with patients, relatives, physicians, and other health care providers, even under difficult circumstances
Private Tutor. 2010-2020
• teaching Greek as a foreign language.
• teaching Russian as a foreign language.
• preparing students for university entrance exams (Panhellenic).
• helping students with homework.
• Excellent IT skills (ECDL certificate holder, 2009)
• Languages: Native Greek and Russian, fluent English.
greek lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|