I encourage students and build their confidence by tailoring classes and interactions to each individual according to their needs and preferences. I have a lot of varied experience which makes me a flexible and communicative teacher you can feel comfortable with.
I am an EFL/ESOL tutor and have taught English since 1997. I have taught general/business/exam/conversation/bespoke classes to 1-200 students aged 2-80 in schools and privately in England and Japan. I have taught mono-lingual groups of Japanese/Italian/Spanish/Korean students and multi-lingual groups. For the last 12 years I have been raising children and honing my educative and interpersonal skills.
Discounts for new student introductions.
A hardworking and passionate tutor.
I love teaching and helping students to be their best.
My friendly encouraging approach promotes confidence and success.
I am experienced working independently and as part of a team in the UK and teaching abroad, with groups and individuals of all ages, levels and backgrounds.
2008-2018 Finance/Business Support Assistant - Milton Keynes Council
• Created/processed purchase orders, internal orders, sales orders and invoices using SAP.
• Dealt with internal and external telephone and email queries.
• Adhered to strict guidelines and deadlines relating to service area/contracts/communications...
• General administration/reception/taxi licensing paperwork
2010 ESOL Tutor. MKLC, Milton Keynes.
• Prepared and delivered course for multi-lingual group at Wyvern School nursery, Milton Keynes.
2006-2008 Legal Assistant. Neves, Milton Keynes.
• Assisted with all stages of the commercial process from opening files to completions.
• Dealt efficiently with client enquiries, chased/liaised with banks, partners, agents etc.
• Researched events, marketing and advertising opportunities.
2005-2006 Sales assistant. Nature Storeroom, New Zealand.
• Customer service, shop duties and till system data entry.
1997-2004 EFL Teacher. UK and Japan (employed and self-employed).
East London School of English, Wembley School of English, Goldsmiths College summer school, Nova Corporation, Yokoyama Kindergarten, Japan Post, Roland, Interlink, ECS, GCS, Small World, Blockbusters, private tuition.
• Taught general/conversational/exam/business English classes to 1-200 students of all ages/levels
• Maintained progress reports, registers and submitted course and lesson plans.
• Planned/taught courses/demo lessons both alone and with others and followed school methods.
• Helped with language school set-up; carried out duties as required.
• Various projects: researched, planned marketing campaigns and contacted agents.
• Forged strong relationships with students and received ongoing training.
2017 ERP Gold training MK Council
2011-17 SAP enhanced training MK Council
2009 H&S e-learning MK Council
2008 SAP basic training MK Council
2002 Creating Music Through Technology NOCN Level 3. North Trafford College
1996 Car and motorcycle licence
1996 RSA Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language(C) ITTC, Bournemouth
1996 BSc (Hons) Environmental Science with Business French (2:2) UWE, Bristol
1993 A-Levels Spanish, Psychology & French Skelmersdale College
1991 9 GCSEs Upholland High School
Learning about different languages and cultures and writing poetry and songs, reading and gardening.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||Not available|