I create classes to fulfil the requirements of individual learner needs. Each course is designed specifically for you, they are interesting, dynamic and interactive.
I have helped many students improve their fluency, pronunciation and vocabulary. I can help you to become more confident in your use of English. I find sources about topics that you like, so we can discuss the content of each article to stimulate your interest and encourage you to speak as much as possible.
I help students prepare their CV and to prepare for job interviews. Many have found new jobs, in their own country or abroad. As a tutor in a language school in Oxford I would teach business students visiting the UK. At the University of Surrey almost all my students were going on to study business management degrees.
As I teacher in Oxford I gave many hours of IELTS and Cambridge exams training and preparation to students helping them to achieve the results they need for educational and professional development.
I am a Masters level CELTA certified tutor with more that 15 years of teaching experience at top level institutions including the British Council and Bristol University, University of Surrey and the University for the Creative Arts. My students have successfully passed their exams in IELTS, FCE and their Masters and Bachelor degree programmes.
Most recently I taught Chinese pre-master’s students an online pre-sessional course at the University of Bristol, using a variety of platforms including Blackboard. In total I have delivered five pre-sessional courses in addition to having three decades of teaching experience. My focus during the last four years has been to gain and consolidate experience in EAP, which I find both challenging and rewarding. My objective is to build my capacity in the field and gain further qualifications, when it is possible to do so. I have taught EAP, ESP, IELTS and General English courses from pre-intermediate to advanced level.
As an EAP tutor I have worked with single and multi-national students in the UK and overseas. I am a diligent, highly organised professional that can work and deliver in a collegiate manner under pressure. I actively foster student autonomy and demonstrate a high level of awareness to student needs. This is evidenced by structuring classes that work specifically towards their learning objectives and includes pastoral care. My intention is to provide students with the skills and confidence to apply their language learning effectively, regardless of their current language level.
Online pre-sessional tutor, University of Bristol. July-Aug 2020
Pre-sessional and In-sessional Tutor: University for the Creative Arts, Surrey. June-Dec 2019
EAP Tutor: American University of Malta. Autumn Semester 2018
Pre-sessional Tutor: University of Surrey, Guildford. Aug-Sept 2017 and 2018
EAP Instructor: Istanbul Bilgi University, Istanbul. Sept 2000-June 2002
• Tutoring at University of Bristol provided a solid foundation of delivering an online course at a prestigious institution using the Blackboard platform, plus a variety of online resources to enhance the teaching process through blended and online teaching.
• At UCA Farnham I was given sole responsibility for creating, implementing and leading assessment on the five-week pre-sessional course. This involved ensuring the course content materials were focused, cohesive and carefully scaffolded towards the objectives of the course.
• I devised a rigorous assessment schedule and worked with my team to ensure our marks were moderated and standardised appropriately. I made a considerable contribution to Microsoft Teams, sharing all the original materials that I had produced for in-sessional and pre-sessional courses.
• During the summer ten-week pre-sessional at Farnham our team had a skeletal framework as guidance, from which the students produced four art-based projects. It was imperative to work as a tight team to create and align the content and delivery of the course. Emphasis was placed on developing student’s critical thinking and analytical skills.
• The structure and organization of University of Surrey provided the bedrock for my understanding of EAP for pre-master’s students. Following the strict scheme of work for two years in succession acted as invaluable training in the discipline of EAP. We prepared students for academic writing, reading, lectures and seminars, research and presentations. In addition, we provided formative feedback in accordance with assessment criteria, had pastoral duties, and gave language and study skills advice. All tutors received professional development training and were subject to observations.
• At the fledgling American University of Malta, I contributed to the development of the EAP programme by sourcing and evaluating course materials and setting student competency objectives.
• At Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey, I instructed undergraduate students on the foundation programme in written and communicative study skills.
EFL Teacher: Oxford English Centre, Oxford. July 2011-August 2018
EFL Teacher: British Study Centres, Cromwell Rd, Brighton. July 2010-Oct 2010
EFL Teacher: English Centre, Istanbul. Sept 1998-June 2000
EFL Teacher: British Council Language School, Penang, Malaysia. 1992-1993
• For over seven years I worked at a highly reputable language school in Oxford, UK. Most of our students were young adults and teens from all over the world. I taught ESP, IELTS and General English from pre-intermediate to advanced. I designed and developed teaching materials from authentic sources which made a significant contribution to course delivery.
• Furthermore, I developed and presented bespoke lessons for Medical and Business English. Prepared students for IELTS and Cambridge examinations. Monitored students’ progress, provided performance feedback and actively promoted learner autonomy. Contributed to the development and appraisal of materials used for ESP and General English language courses. Completed teaching related administrative tasks as required. Actively engaged in professional development and performance management.
MSc Applied Positive Psychology: Buckinghamshire New University, High Wycombe (Merit)
BA Hons History of Art Design and Film: Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
CTEFLA RSA: English Language Teacher Training, British Council, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|