In a typical hour tutoring lesson, I believe it important to focus closely on the specific issues a student may have had throughout the week. Often I find that due to the density of many academic syllabi, various topics are covered at an alarmingly fast rate, subsequently not allowing students to fully comprehend the content. Therefore in my sessions, the first 20-30mins are dedicated to answering the students specific questions and developing a true understanding of a problem area. The following period focuses on setting practical exercises for the student to complete, based on the initial problematic subject. The final 10mins is devoted to recapping what has been covered, in order to ensure that the student has developed a firm understanding of the topic, allowing them to move forward with confidence.
I am a 22 year old graduate, who has taken Spanish since the age of 11. Having studied the language at GCSE, A-Level and University, I am well equipped to help with a number of different aspects, such as grammar, comprehension and oral proficiency. Furthermore, as I am not far removed from being taught Spanish myself, I am able to relate closely to the common problems that language students, of all ages, tend to experience.
Nile Xavier Thompson
I am an ambitious and versatile multilingual who takes pride in being able to communicate effectively with people from every background. A detail orientated individual who is attentive and extremely organised, I enjoy working as part of a team but am also very comfortable taking the initiative and working independently when required.
University of Warwick | 2:1 BA (Hons) Politics, International Studies and Hispanic Studies
October 2015 – 2019
• 3rd Year: Year spent studying abroad at the University of Valencia
• A Level Spanish, Politics, German (ABB)
• GCSE History, Spanish, German, English Language (A*AAA), Maths, English Literature, Religion and Theology (BBB), Double Science (CC)
Student Ambassador for Politics and International Studies | University of Warwick
November 2015 – 2019
• Represent the university and degree subject at various university events, such as guest lectures, open days, departmental conferences and graduation receptions.
• Insure the smooth running of the aforementioned events by efficiently organising other ambassadors and welcoming and directing university guests.
• Interact with prospective students and their parents during university open days; lead campus wide tours, hold question and answer sessions for students, provide an extensive overview of university academic and social life.
• Member of the 2019 Politics and International Studies Department placed first out of all Russell Group universities for overall student satisfaction.
Manager of Publicity and Fundraising for the University of Warwick Amateur Boxing Club Executive Committee
March 2018 – March 2019
• Publicise and promote the society through organising various events such as Sports Fairs and Society Exhibitions
• Control the society’s social media accounts. Interact with prospective members, providing them with useful information and encourage them to join and participate within the society
• In the 2018-19 academic year, successfully obtained the largest amount of new members ever recorded by the club, increasing the membership by over 120%.
• Seven fighters, of differing abilities, represented the club in the 2019 BUCS Boxing Competition. An increase from 2018 total of two fighters.
Summer Camp Coordinator for Streatham Youth and Community Trust
Summers of 2017/18/19
• Responsible for the caretaking of children aged between 5-15 over the five-week summer vacation.
• Acted as an accessible and reliable role model for children, predominantly from underprivileged backgrounds.
• Actively, encouraged the development of positive characteristics, such as cohesion and respect, through the daily organising of various team-building activities and games.
• Coordinated various trips for the children, such as trampolining, fishing and go-karting, in order to provide meaningful outlets and develop new productive interests.
December 2016: Brokering at Gibson Shipbrokers – overseeing the daily correspondence between brokers and clients and establishing working contracts for potential handlers.
June 2015: Mini-Pupillage at the Central Criminal Court (Old Bailey)
under the guidance of a senior barrister, during a multi-million pounds wine investment fraud trial.
October 2014: Mini-Pupillage at Inner London Crown Court under the
guidance of a senior barrister during a grievous bodily harm trial.
2019: Winner of the University of Warwick Amateur Boxing Club’s, Fighter of the Year.
2017: Raised over £3,500 as a team for UNICEF who took part in a Charity Bungee Jump.
2015: Winner of the Upper Sixth German Prize.
Winner of the Don Quijote Scholarship Prize for outstanding effort in Spanish.
Taronja Spanish School: Certificate in Spanish Linguistics and Culture.
Certificate of Cookery, The Avenue Cookery School.
2014: Pamplona Learning Spanish Institute “Improving Spanish Fluency” Certificate.
2013: Player’s Player of the Year U16 Rugby.
2012: Player’s Player of the Year U15 Rugby.
2011: Invited to join the 1st Team Basketball Tour to Italy.
LISBA Cup winning team member.
2010: LISBA Cup runner’s up team member.
• Co-Host of Backpacks and Duffel Bags Radio Show on Raw1251AM.
• Competed in various competitions for the University of Warwick Amateur Boxing Club.
• Member of the Warwick Wolves, American Football team at Warwick University.
• Form Representative for three years at Dulwich College.
• Senior Mentor for Year 9 Students at Dulwich College.
• Captain of the Cricket team at Dulwich College.
• Member of the Dulwich College Politics Society.
• Member of the Dulwich College Modern Languages Society.
• Represented Dulwich College in Rugby, Football, Cricket and Basketball.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£150|