Tutor can be broken down into two aspects: Content and knowledge; and Technique. Depending on the student, I am able to cater to both these aspects (providing that the topics are told in advance for the content-based).
My lessons are mainly for GCSE and A-Level students who are struggling with all aspects of learning around the subjects of History and Philosophy, such as exam and essay technique, as well as content within the respective subjects.
Lessons will be comprised of one or two hour sessions in which the student can discuss what they believe they need to improve on. I will explain the topic in question, go through the key concepts, and go through relevant essays with the students. I will also recommend additional resources if this is of use to the student.
The style of learning is based on what works for the student, whether this is just simple note taking or active learning! As such, this would be discussed with the student as to what works for them.
Available for online sessions
Ultimately, I am here to help the student to the best of my ability and help them succeed in future academic endeavours. Look forward to hearing from potential students soon!
- First Class Honours degree from the University of Exeter in CH Philosophy and History; awarded a Dean's commendation for academic work throughout degree.
- AAA* at A-Level (History, Philosophy and Ethics, Economics Respectively), 6A*, 4A, B at GCSE.
- Worked with children and young adults at various camps
- Previous experience as a school Gap Tutor in New Zealand, assisted students in academics
Education and Qualifications
2016-2019: University of Exeter
- 1st class honours degree in Philosophy and History BA (graduating in July 2019)
- Deans commendation for outstanding academic achievement
2010-2015: Eastbourne College
- 3 A level’s: Economics (A*), Philosophy and Ethics (A), History (A)
- GCSEs: 4A*, 6A, 1B
August 2018-September 2018: Group Assistant, Barracudas Activity and Day Camps, Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls
June 2017 – August 2017: Customer Sales Assistant, Marks and Spencer, Fountains Retail Park, Tunbridge Wells
July 2015 – July 2016: Gap Tutor at Saint Kentigern College, Auckland, New Zealand
This is obviously dependant on the student, however in a generic lesson I would explain the topic of the lessons, identifying key concepts which the student would need to focus on, while also recommending key resources which would help the student. Finally, I would put the topic in the context of an essay question, demonstrating what the student should look for and how they should answer the question.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|