I am offering lessons in history to a wide range of ages, from those still in secondary school up to university level. My enthusiasm and excitement for history is what I believe makes me an excellent tutor, and I hope to help others who might be struggling to also find joy in this subject.
Depending on level of study, my lessons will cover a range of approaches, enabling students to gain a deep understanding of the many elements that go into the study of history and the skills needed to do so. This includes providing an understanding of the chronology of events in given time period, understanding the causes and effects of events throughout history and how they link together and affect one another. This will be done through the analysis of primary sources (researched and provided by me) and teaching how to analyse a source and how to construct a historical argument from this, as well creating timelines, engaging in historical debate and providing help with exam technique.
I am a patient, dedicated and reliable people-person, I enjoy working and engaging with young people in a subject that I am so enthusiastic about and am passionate about helping others.
I completed my undergraduate history degree from the University of Bristol, gaining a high 2:1 in July 2019. This gave me an in-depth understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the study of history and how to utilise these skills to reach my maximum potential. I have experience engaging and working with young people through interactive historical activities, such as when I volunteered at the SS Great Britain Museum in July 2018. I am passionate about history as a subject, and although new to tutoring I am an excellent communicator and much of my studies involved interactive work with other students, learning to articulate my work clearly in a way that others can understand.
University of Bristol
BA History- 2:1 2016- 2019
St Helen and St Katharine School 2009- 2015
A Levels: Drama and Theatre Studies - A* History, French- A English Literature (AS Level)- A
GCSEs: English Language, English Literature, Religious Studies, Drama & Theatre Studies, French, Italian,
Science Dual Award, History,– A * Mathematics – A
Work Experience Placement | Andersen Press 3rd- 7th February 2020
• Familiarising myself with content of press releases and other marketing materials such as samplers,
posters and bookmarks, and sending out press packs.
• Researching picture book bloggers to reach out to as potential reviewers for upcoming releases and
compiling my findings onto a spread sheet.
• Reading and responding to submissions.
Sales Assistant| Fat Face November 2019- February 2020
• Taking payment on tills as well as offering assistance on the shop floor, requiring professional customer
service and interpersonal skills.
• Replenishing stock on the shop floor and ensuring a high standard of presentation of products.
Front of House| Lane Eight Coffee August 2019- November 2019
• Greeting customers and taking payment, serving and clearing tables.
• Taking and posting photographs for the company’s Instagram page (concealed information) several times a
week. As the shop only opened in August, this played a crucial part in gaining attention and publicity from
Work Experience Placement | Altitude Film 15th-26th July 2019
• Tracking competitor schedules and compiling findings into spreadsheets.
• Assisting the development team by researching the history of British institutions and events such as the
Royal Opera House, Henley Regatta and BBC Proms, and picking out key figures and events to feed
back to the development team for potential future storylines.
• Reading and reporting on script submissions.
• Admin such as answering and transferring calls, retrieving and sending off post and scheduling in
meetings, supporting the smooth running of the office.
• Welcoming clients and visitors at reception and offering them refreshments.
Waitress | At Your Service Jul 2016 - June 2019
Event staffing company
• Part time/ holiday work waitressing at events such as at the Royal Albert Hall and Victoria and Albert
• Working under time pressure to deliver a prompt service
Summer Volunteering Intensive Role | SS Great Britain Museum July 2018
Visitor attraction & museum ship
• Working in the Brunel Institute, using the library’s facilities to research different artefacts from the
museum’s archive each morning, such as a letter from a passenger or object relating to the ship. I then
worked together with other volunteers to present these findings to visitors, engaging members of the
public from all ages and backgrounds.
• Engaging visitors in interactive activities, answering any questions and queries they might have and
offering extra historical details.
Work Experience Placement | MullenLowe Group Aug 2018
Advertising and marketing communications agency
• Reading treatments from directors of previous campaigns, and familiarising myself with production
companies, acting agencies and directors.
• Researching potential public figures to be considered as the face of an upcoming campaign.
• Carrying out creative tasks such as coming up with my own ideas in response to a recent brief a client.
• Shadowing producers both on set for an upcoming television campaign, as well as attending voice-over
recordings and sitting in on meetings with clients.
Sales Assistant | Boots Oct 2015 - Jan 2016
Health & beauty retailer
• Re-stocking shelves, unloading & organising delivery and ensuring the shop floor was presentable and
• Working on tills during busy periods and advising customers.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|