I adopt a teaching style which focuses on using different material to make learning interesting (i.e not just paperwork but using video, sound, props)
I am currently applying for my PGCE to teach in schools. I am a First Class Honours History student who also won a prize for the most outstanding research dissertation. I specialise in modern history, particularly Victorian Britain. I also have obtained A* grades at GCSE and A Level in Sociology.
A highly motivated, ambitious and conscientious individual, who has extensive experience in a range of areas, including working with children and adults in an educational setting. I am hard working and diligent with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, developed in my role as a Museum Assistant, as well as various administrative roles and running my own part time beauty therapy business. My recent achievements include starting my own business, attaining a First Class Honours degree and winning an academic prize in research. I enjoy working with others and wish to enhance a career in education, working as a tutor/teacher.
• Some experience working with children as a Museum Assistant, assisting children’s group activity tours.
• Experience working as a customer service advisor/administrator in a call centre for a large banking organisation, handling a large volume of calls and emails and resolving multiple queries in a timely manner, using initiative and discretion.
• Experience in invoicing and creating spreadsheets, working as part of a finance team for a healthcare company.
• Experience working towards targets – ensuring that they are surpassed. An interest in sales and developing my skills in sales.
• Strong organisational skills working in pressurised environments.
• Knowledge of IT and computer programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel & Office and finance systems such as Sage Accounts.
• Experience of booking in appointments and greeting clients face to face, through running my own business.
• Effectively working independently as well as part of a team, liaising with and supporting staff in order to meet deadlines and targets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, due to working in customer service.
• Using my initiative to make prompt and thorough decisions.
• Creative and enjoy finding information in order to solve problems.
Holistic Therapist (Self Employed) at Complexions Gym, Tempest Street, Wolverhampton and Richard Taylor Personal Training Club, Pendeford Business Park, Wolverhampton (June 2017-present)
• Organising my own schedule for appointments as well as keeping and monitoring a record of accounts.
• Communicating with clients over telephone, email and social media, booking appointments and responding to any queries they may have.
• Effectively liaising with a diverse range of clients, ensuring that they were satisfied with the quality of service.
• Using social media as well as other platforms to market my business as well as keep up to date on popular trends that could be used in my business.
• Attending training courses and event days to keep knowledge on products current.
• Complete confidential paperwork and provide advice regarding contraindications and various after-care that is beneficial to the client.
• Treating clients with empathy and professionalism as well as adapting skills to suit the needs of the client.
Voluntary Complementary Therapist at The White House Cancer Support, Dudley, DY1 1JX (September 2016 – May 2017)
• Volunteering on a weekly basis, providing a range of holistic treatments to patients in remission and their carers.
• Modifying treatments to suit the needs of the individual client.
• Keeping a monitored record of arrival times.
• Building a rapport with clients, ensuring that they felt comfortable at all times.
Securities Data Processor (temporary six month contract) at Lloyds Banking Group, Pendeford Business Park (February 2016 – August 2016)
• Assisting the mortgages team, ensuring that paperwork was completed accurately.
• Assisting the completions team, checking files in an efficient manner to ensure that all of the necessary paperwork was available in the file.
• Making outbound calls to solicitors and branch managers, chasing paperwork and answering queries.
• Taking inbound calls from solicitors, branch managers and other members of staff and transferring calls to the appropriate department.
• Inputting data into the computer, ensuring accuracy at all times to maintain client confidentiality.
• Supervising other members of staff, using my knowledge to help them to work on cases.
• General administrative duties such as sending and compiling letters, filing paperwork and sending emails.
• Attending weekly meetings to keep updated with the Bank’s policies and to develop my
• Completing Health and Safety modules in the Bank’s interest.
• Hitting individual and group targets, working towards strict deadlines.
Finance Assistant at Sevacare UK Ltd, Pendeford Business Park, Wolverhampton, WV9 5HD (June 2015 – October 2015)
• Creating client invoices using Microsoft Excel, to send to local authorities or private healthcare clients.
• Using Sage to post invoices, so the business can keep track of finances.
• Liaising with the credit control team to chase outstanding payments.
• Reception duties, taking calls from customers and staff as well as selling and setting up care packages for customers. Taking a high volume of calls and successfully operating a switchboard in order to ensure successful transfer.
• General administrative duties including filing paperwork and sending letters.
• Taking complaints.
Voluntary/Paid Casual Museum Assistant at Bantock House Museum, Finchfield Road, Wolverhampton (July 2011-November 2013)
• Meeting and greeting visitors, providing them with brief talks on the museum
• Dealing with customer enquiries
• Checking displays to ensure security
• Assisting children’s guided tours and activity groups.
• Sales experience, promoting the sale of antiques in the museum shop.
• Making drinks and serving hot food to customers in the café.
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, City of Wolverhampton College (September 2017-June 2018)
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies, Dudley College (September 2016-June 2017)
Bachelor of Arts with Honours in History, University of Wolverhampton – First Class Honours (September 2012-June 2015)
A Levels, City of Wolverhampton College (September 2010-June 2012) - A Level Sociology (A*), A Level History (B), A Level English Literature (C)
GCSEs, Pendeford Business and Enterprise College, Marsh Lane, Wolverhampton, (September 2005- June 2010) - 13 GCSEs A*-C including English Language, English Literature, Mathematics and Science.
- I go to the gym four times a week, to keep active and healthy which contributes towards a positive and motivational mind-set. Additionally, I read books and watch historical documentaries.
References – available on request.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking humanities general lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|