Recently retired from head of dept. job in London, I've moved to the beautiful hills of South Wales and am keen to use my experience as a successful teacher and tutor to help students achieve in History and Geography.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach History and Geography. I have also taught Sociology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA in Modern Social History
PGCE in Social Studies (History/Geography and Sociology)
BA (hons.) Social Science (History and Geography)
- How much do you charge?
£25 for GCSE
£30 for A-Level.
- Where do you teach?
I can teach from home (near Abergavenny) or at the student's home anywhere in Monmouthshire, Newport or most parts of Herefordshire.
- When are you available?
I am available most days/evenings except Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
GCSE and A-Levels
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for GCSE and A-Level exams.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can tutor on-line using Skype, FaceTime or via email exchange.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching since 1993. During this time I have completed an MA in Modern Social History and have been a member of the Historical and Geographical Associations, contributing to the development of teaching in both subjects. I have taught GCSE and A-Level in History, Geography and Sociology. I recently retired as Head of Humanities Faculty in a large 11-18 secondary school in London and am now tutoring from my new home in Monmouthshire.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a DBS carried out for my most recent employer in 2015.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Institute of Education, University of London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Historical Association, Geographical Association, National Education Union (NUT section).
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|