My teaching method is personal to everyone, but I believe it is important to find out what aspect of the subject the student is most interested in, and find a way to grow that interest into a confident, wider appreciation for the subject. Where there is genuine interest, students are much more likely to excel.
Currently based in London, I am a graduate from the University of Edinburgh, where I obtained a first class honours in English Literature in 2018. I am passionate about making English Literature fun accessible and rewarding to my students, and believe that the skills gained through reading and responding to literature are applicable to most other subjects. I have experience with a wide range of students, from 11+ applicants, GCSE preparation to improving Graduate and Post-Graduate Level Essay writing. I am also able to teach philosophy A Level, UCAS personal statements and essay writing techniques.
● The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh - First Class MA(Hons) in English Literature
SEPTEMBER 2014 - MAY 2018
● Alleyn’s School, London - AAA (English Literature, Philosophy, Theatre Studies
SEPTEMBER 2007 - JULY 2014
● 1st Place in Research Essay Competition “Governor’s Research Project Prize”, with an
Essay Entitled “ Explore the literary and psychiatric treatment of the concept of feminine nature from the 19th century onwards, and how the two fields interact. ”
● A confident speaker, experienced in presenting work and ideas to company directors.
● Dedicated and thorough professional, capable of innovating whilst managing a variety of tasks.
● A compassionate and friendly demeanor, and natural caring instincts in difficult situations.
● CQC approved Care Worker training, including theoretical work and shadowing.
● Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Oracle.
● Trained in basic paper and photographic conservation guidelines.
● Proficient with Pipedrive and Typeform software.
● At least 5 years of experience in a wide range of customer service roles whilst studying.
● Experienced in training new staff, and conducting face to face interviews.
● Experienced in writing and editing effective operational handover documentation and marketing comms.
Cera Care, Waterloo - General Intern (Now Recruitment Consultant as of 1/10/2019)
SEPTEMBER 2019 - PRESENT
● Re-developed and managed the process of recruiting domiciliary carers for a rapidly
expanding organisation across 4 companies and 3 cities.
● My responsibilities range from personally screening applicants; interviewing prospective care
workers, and on-boarding new employees all whilst ensuring industry standard compliance throughout. I also trained 7 new members of the recruitment team in lieu of a Recruitment Manager.
● I was the main administrator for our in-house Recruitment ATS, responsible for extracting data reports for the finance team each week.
● Task-managed three recruiters in lieu of a manager and reported directly to company directors in board meetings.
● Training existing staff members across all 4 branches of the company on the newly developed ATS and recruitment procedure.
● I conducted independent research and testing to establish the best methods to improve recruitment, and successfully pitched my research to the Chief Executive and board members.
● Edited the marketing team’s outgoing communication (from investor newsletters to social media posts) for style and clarity on an ad-hoc basis.
● Used my experiences as a Care Assistant to develop and implement improved literacy and numeracy assessments for candidates.
Sage Care, London - Care Worker
AUGUST 2019 - SEPTEMBER 2019
● Completed training and shadowing with excellent feedback.
● Supported Clients to live fulfilled and independent lives in their own homes, providing
companionship, preparing food, assisting with personal care and medication administration.
● Required attention to detail, excellent communication skills and timekeeping; maintaining an
empathetic, respectful and professional rapport with Clients at all times. APRIL 2019 - JULY : TRAVELLING IN EUROPE
Historic Environment Scotland, Edinburgh - Archive & Library Assistant
SEPTEMBER 2018 - MARCH 2019
● Responsible for carrying out a major consolidation project within the architecture and archaeology
photography collections of HES, with the aim of improving public accessibility and, in-house
understanding the material.
● Duties also included item retrieval and updating the Oracle database, and a customer service role of
facilitating academic and general public access to the collections.
Center for Research Collections, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh - CRC Heritage Sector Summer
School (Certificated training)
● Gained basic training and insight into archiving, cataloguing, exhibition curation, public engagement,
marketing, and the ethics of conservation, collection management and display.
● Included a week-long group project in which we planned and presented public engagement initiatives to promote the CRC’s current NHS Lothian Archives exhibition.
The Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh College of Art - Bartender AUGUST 2017 - NOVEMBER 2018
● Bartending and helping set up a wide range of events, including gigs, lectures and club nights.
University of Edinburgh Main Library, Edinburgh - Card Collection Assistant
● A temporary position in which I was responsible for the printing, authenticating and correct distribution of
university cards to the thousands of new incoming students.
● Care of 3 to 7 year olds, both at home and on outings.
Dragonfly Yoga Studio - Volunteer
AUGUST 2019 - PRESENT
● A non-profit yoga studio, whose profits fund the GMAX Trackstars Athletics Academy, a
charity working with vulnerable London youth.
● Customer service, updating the in house database and app, general maintenance of the
venue, editing outgoing marketing text for potential investors and the general public.
Music Scope Edinburgh, Edinburgh - Chair
SEPTEMBER 2018- MARCH 2019
● A non-profit organisation dedicated to bringing together young music lovers by providing rehearsal
spaces, performance opportunities, educational workshops and social events to all 18-30 year-olds,
regardless of background or ability.
● My duties have included conducting meetings, public speaking and developing connections with local
music venues and groups, as well as coming up with ideas for future projects and goals.
Edinburgh University Music Outreach Society, Edinburgh - Performer
● Involved weekly trips to hospitals in and around Edinburgh to perform for patients, often elderly or
heavily disabled, in their wards.
National Trust for Scotland, Edinburgh - Conservation Volunteer
AUGUST 2017- 2018
● I regularly attended day and weekend long trips to conservation sites around Scotland. During these
outings I helped with a wide number of manual tasks, working with rangers and with other volunteers to maintain NTS sites.
References available upon request, thank you for considering my application. I carry an Enhanced DBS check, valid from 8th of August 2019
Perfect! Excellent English teacher
Stefania overall writes and speaks english very fluently, but needs help to improve her writing style and spoken confidence/pronunciation
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|