My teaching method is therapy based, where a health and/or stress related problem or concern is identified and divulged, a wishlist and goal established, followed by the moulding of an effective game plan which I will encourage you throughout. Working at your pace and by your preferred means, I can provide assistance through various tools and resources, crafted to best meet an individual or organisation's needs.
I also offer insight and support to those still studying and working towards a career in nutrition, with lessons professionally tailored to your curriculum or subject material. In this case, my approach is more methodical and educationally based, with a view of facilitating exceptional understanding and confidence in the subject.
An international hospitality professional and dietetics student, I have a practical and empathetic understanding of the physical, mental and emotional pressures that life at work can put on us, the subsequent effect that this stress can have on our health and lives at home, and in turn the impact this has on our career related ambitions. Founded by my knowing that nutrition forms the core of our health, and my observation that employees are the lifeline of any business, my teaching is rooted in the belief that investing in the health and wellbeing of individuals at work stimulates elavated productivity from within.
Skills and Abilities:
Well organised, motivated, innovative, attentive to detail and diligent, I uphold a strong and honest work ethic. A good team player, I am capable of working toward individual and shared objectives, but also pride myself in being able to excel independently. I am willing to learn and be challenged, exhibiting professionalism and integrity in my conduct.
Computer literate and confident in the use of all Microsoft applications, I am quick to aptly grasp the use and functions of various programmes, applications and data bases. I am proficient in communicating to a high and professional standard of English, including both written and verbal forms, and have well demonstrated customer and employee relationship skills.
I like to keep busy and appreciate any time spent outdoors, particularly that amidst plant and wildlife. I enjoy watching and playing tennis, running, reading and gardening. I thoroughly enjoy cooking and baking, take great interest in wines of the world, and enjoy any opportunity to sample independent restaurants and tea rooms.
Education & Achievements:
Peak Skills, UK, November 2017, Administration of First Aid in the Workplace
- Certificate of Competence
Virtual College, City and Guilds Accredited, March 2017
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
Online School of Natural Health Sciences, UK, March 2014 – Present
- Pending Diplomas in Holistic Nutrition, Advanced Nutrition and Stress Management
The Private Hotel School, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 2012 – 2014
- Diploma in International Hospitality Management, 90% course average
- Member and President of the Student Representative Council
British International Distance College, Pretoria, South Africa, 2011
- Cambridge AS Level Accounts (B), Business Studies (C)
Mercers Correspondence College, United Kingdom, 2009 – 2010
- IGCSE English Lang’ (A*), Maths (A), Biology (A), Geography (A), Bus’ Studies (A)
Peterhouse Girls School, Marondera, Zimbabwe, 2006 – 2008
Springvale House, Marondera, Zimbabwe, 2004 – 2005
Bishop Mackenzie International School, Lilongwe, Malawi, 2003
Kasasa School, Dwangwa, Malawi, 1999 – 2002
Administration Assistant, Laurence Hayward & Partners, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, March 2015 – Present
- Current management of general office administration, placing new retailer and wholesaler orders, ex cellars from France.
- Coordination of existing orders with a portfolio of French producers, monitoring and recording shipment and payment.
- Management of general office supplies and equipment, including stationery, software, telecom accounts and subscriptions.
- Required to draft and file all invoices for any direct sales of service against customer purchase orders and delivery notes.
- Currently in charge of the office’s general email and phone reception, taking orders and directing calls/first time enquiries.
- Management of the agency’s retailing customers’ subscriptions held with Nielson Brandbank, including their portfolio maintenance, oversight of their new/continuous listings, sample requests, subscription renewals and payments on account.
- Management/submission of quarterly tax returns, providing accountants with up to date spreadsheets and sales figures.
- In charge of raising monthly commission invoices against supplier statements, reflected in a shared company spreadsheet.
Café Manager, Riverhill Himalayan Gardens, Sevenoaks, Kent, April 2017 – Present
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and efficient scheduling (rota management) of café, kitchen and event staff.
- Active procurement of food/beverage supplies, managing stock levels, forecasts, consumption and waste.
- Assistance with the adjustment/drafting of café menus, to include standardization, pricing and effective presentation.
- Responsible for the enforcement of H&S policies, including food handling, food hygiene and the staff’s training of such.
- Required to confidently use iZettle and Xero’s accounting software to facilitate POS sales and group invoicing.
- In charge of core coffee preparation in the café, including machine maintenance, team training and quality control.
- Required to conduct event and duty management, overseeing staff, guest relations, complaints, event setup and shutdown.
Assistant Manager, The Wheatsheaf at Bough Beech, Kent, August 2016 – March 2017
- Assisted with daily F&B service, pass/bar management, food/wine pairing, leading and executing a 7 course tasting menu.
- Involved with front of house staff training, drafting of staff rotas and weekly time sheet keeping, supervising the FOH team.
- Oversight of stock management, rotation, ordering and waste, including storeroom organization and frequent stock taking.
- Managed the Trip Advisor account, daily cashing up, staff tip distribution and the upkeep of a financial takings spreadsheet.
- Learnt and confidently used Book a Table, EPOS and EVAC systems in the effective coordination of bookings and FOH sales.
Front of House Waitress, The Poacher and Partridge, Tudeley, Kent, June 2015 – August 2015
- Confidently conducted general food and beverage service, to include floor, kitchen pass, POS and bar supervision.
Foundation Level Sports Coach, Playball UK, Sevenoaks, Kent, February 2015 – July 2016
- Conducted curriculum based coaching, lesson planning, skill demonstration, evaluations and termly report writing.
- Was trained and confident in the basic administration of ‘First Aid for Sports’, dealing with children aged 2 – 8 years old.
Shift Supervisor, The Brickworks Freehouse, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, February 2015 – July 2016
- Managed and trained the team of bar staff, supervising the sale of alcohol whilst in charge of the till, cashing/locking up.
- Responsible for the management of wet and dry stocks, including rotation, ordering, storage and waste management.
Deputy Hospitality Manager, Africa Centre for Holistic Management, Zimbabwe, July 2014 – January 2015
- Responsible for ensuring slick co-ordination between the hospitality, training, finance, transport and maintenance teams.
- Oversaw the housekeeping, kitchen and landscaping staff, managing staff input against occupancy and labour budgets.
- Involved in drafting the department’s permanent and casual contracts, including an outsourced marketing agreement.
- Created and standardized menus, incorporating storage, budgets, cost targets, demand, and produce availability.
- Introduced an effective bin card system to manage and record all stock ordering, counts, issues, usage and wastage.
- Independently managed and followed up all reservation enquiries, confirmations and third party activity bookings.
- Initiated relationships with local activity and service providers, earning the department commission on third party sales.
- Assisted with the refurbishment of their premium accommodation, replacing and upgrading fittings, linen and décor.
- Led a primary research project, responding with effective target marketing, social media setup and seasonal rate structures.
- Supervised the training and development of a hospitality intern, drafting a structured internship programme of training.
Assistant Camp Manager, Wilderness Safaris, Little Makalolo, Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe, March – June 2014
- In charge of month end data capturing, inputting occupancy, stock consumption and staffing figures on a weekly basis.
- Involved with front of house hosting, guest relations, food and beverage service and seasonal menu planning.
- Supervised and lead the housekeeping and FOH teams, compiling rotas, contracts and assisting with disciplinary action.
- Stood in as management when managers were absent, taking responsibility for all aspects of the daily camp running.
- Oversaw store room management, rotation, stock taking, department requisitions and issues, wastage and consumption.
Hospitality Intern, Relais & Chateaux, Tswalu Kalahari, South Africa, July 2013 – February 2014
- Involved with all F&B service and wine pairing, acting duty management and overseeing guest movement and relations.
- Managed the housekeeping department, involving stock takes, ordering, stock issuing, staff rotas and turn down service.
- Shadowed the guiding, environmental, kitchen and store room departments, grasping the roles and responsibilities of each.
Hospitality Intern, Oudewerf Hotel, Stellenbosch, South Africa, January – March 2013
- Effectively learnt the roles and functions of the housekeeping, switchboard, reception and guest relation departments.
Hospitality Intern, Lord Neethling, Stellenbosch, South Africa, February – April 2012
- Involved with food and beverage service (including silver service, bar and pass supervision), as well as corporate events.
Manager’s Assistant, Praia Do Sol, Bilene, Mozambique, March – April 2011
- Supervised the housekeeping, kitchen and F&B teams, overseeing guest relations, events, and room refurbishments.
Manager’s Assistant, Clube Recreativo de Xinavane, Mozambique, July – August 2010
- Assisted with stock control, staff supervision, managing customer accounts and enforcing ISO health and safety standards.
weightloss lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest nutrition lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, learning to eat well lessons for all!
Taking relaxation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|