Public opinion may have some say in who is labeled as "beautiful" on the outside, but inner beauty takes on a whole other meaning. Feeling beautiful on the inside has more to do with your character than your appearance. Learn what beauty means to you and have the confidence to live by your own rules starting today.
1. How do you define inner beauty? Is it a person who is always smiling? Someone who has kind words for everyone she meets? Or, is your definition of beauty more complex? A person who endures, loves, and personifies strength? Take a moment to reflect on what beauty means to you. Grab a pen and a notebook and jot down adjectives or even nouns that help you describe inner beauty. Remember that inner beauty is subjective, meaning it's up to you how you define it. Don't depend on society's viewpoint, trust your instincts. Without doing any research or asking for anyone else's opinion, attempt to establish your own standards of what it means to be beautiful on the inside.
2. Humans can be described through a long list of positive traits. These may include honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, leadership, forgiveness, hope and open-mindedness. After you have made your list of traits that mark a person who is beautiful on the inside, see how your own character strengths compare. Odds are, many of the traits you listed as being important will overlap with traits you actually hold. Visit the VIA Institute on Character to complete your character strengths inventory.Research shows that when people are knowledgeable about their own character strengths (and make use of them) they enjoy enhanced well-being and life satisfaction. Uncovering your virtues can help you make greater use of them and understand who you are. Ultimately, recognizing what you have to offer can also help you to feel more beautiful on the inside, too.
3. Acknowledge that what you look like on the outside is only a fraction of your beauty. Don't allow yourself to be limited by societal definitions of your outward appearance. When it comes down to what's on the inside, your physical attributes can never measure up to certain attributes such as patience, kindness, and empathy. Magnify all the wonderful little traits you hold that are not clearly visible. Think of yourself as a book. Like the old saying goes, "you should never judge a book by its cover". If you only pay attention to people's surface looks, you can miss out on all the other amazing qualities they possess.
4. Recognize that there is something uniquely special about you, just as there is about all human beings. Don't depend on others' impressions of you to determine how you view yourself. If you ever have doubts about who you are and why you're special, go back and look at the results of your character strengths assessment. This is proof that you have something of value to offer the world. Learn to love and accept yourself as you are. Just as you shouldn't try to change yourself to appease others, you also shouldn't compete with others. The only person you should be trying to compete with is yourself. If you want to improve something about yourself, do it for your future self, not for anyone else.
5. In addition to highlighting your character strengths, you can apply other strategies to feel more confident. Frequently engage in activities in which you perform well. This can be anything from making music to playing sports. Doing things you are good at builds self-esteem. Stop comparing yourself to others. There will always be someone who is better at a given skill than you. Comparing yourself only serves to diminish your strengths rather than amplifying them. You should also be cautious of where you get feelings of confidence. If these good vibes only come when someone else has found approval in your abilities, your confidence is unstable. Don't count on others' approval of you to maintain your approval of yourself.
6. Try smiling. Even if you don't quite feel up to it at the moment, just arranging your face into a smiling expression can radically change your mood. Smiles can lead to a more positive mood and a more hopeful attitude. Furthermore, you should try to laugh as much as possible. Laughter is contagious. It can lead to you not only feeling beautiful inside, but causing others to radiate towards you and improve your outer beauty, too. The benefits of laughter are numerous. Longer lifespan, greater immunity, optimism, and hormone regulation can all be influenced by a good chuckle.
7. A surefire method to enhancing your own inner beauty is adopting the habit of seeing the beauty in everything. All around you, every day, there are wondrous people, places and things. Make an effort to slow down and acknowledge these daily. In the morning, listen to the birdsong. Take in the rising sun. Literally stop and smell the roses. Instead of rushing through your morning routine, strive to be mindful of the tiny moments that come together to create your life. Notice the old lady's smile as she crosses the street. Allow children laughing at the playground to be a soundtrack to your lunch hour. Acknowledge little kindnesses like people holding doors for others, or buying a coffee for the person behind them in line.
I've experienced a lot of insulting from the other people since when was in 2nd grade up to 6th grade because i was too ugly that time. When i was in the secondary level I've decided to change my hair my look and my attitude, i promised to myself that i'll be confident. And that's it! i achieved what i want. Many people was noticed my new look until now.
make-up lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hair styling lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, cosmetology lessons for all!
Taking personal shopping lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£81||£162||Not available|
|5 hours||£81||£486||Not available|
|10 hours||£81||£891||Not available|