My approach makes the most of the special role I have as a tutor: friendly towards the person but serious about academic progress in English, a subject which is central to all later things.
Depending on the student’s needs and the direction tuition changes. During our sessions, we will focus on a bespoke programme of study which focuses on filling gaps in knowledge and addressing areas of weakness. This often involves returning to grammar basics and sentence structure or learning literary analysis techniques. Often these small things can be missed in a busy classroom.
I set regular homework, depending on the time available and provide feedback the following session. Tuition is generally an independent course that runs parallel to what is taught at school, but the programme of study can easily be put aside to focus on a school assignment. As the exams approach, we will shift towards exam technique and working through past papers.
I am a humanities student with a passion for words and language. I was an English literature scholar during secondary school and ran the sixth form's academic journal. Since then, I have founded the first independent student magazine at my university, interned as a copy-writer and edited and proof-read dissertations and thesis' from disciplines outside my own. Everything I do revolves around literature and language.
BA European Studies
expected in 02/2021
Digital Skills: Social media by Accenture How to Create Great Online Content from University of Leeds and Institute of Coding
Digital Skills: Social media from Accenture
Verbal and written communication
06/2019 – 08/2019
Copy Writer • Author - Architectural Interior Design Studio
• Created and developed their new digital and social media campaign. Using Mailchimp, Instagram & Facebook. Achieving 100 followers from 1 month of launch
• Clients showcased included Barker Shoes, Kirk Original Glasses, Happy Bird, Pod and the London flagship store Hugo Boss
06/2018 – 08/2018
Research Assistant • Peace One Day- NFP aiming to institutionalise the International Day Of Peace.
Project “One day one Goal” Aimed at achieving a cease-fire and football being played on Peace day
• Was the project manager for 2018 event for all French Speaking countries; with particular focus on 8 African countries.
• Using social media, to reach out to professional footballers and their clubs asking to support “One Day One Goal”. Leading to potential new Patrons for the charity.
06/2015 – 08/2015
Research assistant • Unison
• Using qualitative and quantitative research methods, contacted circa 150 NHS low paid staff. To understand the effects of the governmental funding strategy.
• Undertook daily administration tasks.
06/2013 – 01/2014
Research assistant • Chuka Umunna MP Streatham
• One of a team of 4, responding to over 150 daily emails, letters and telephone from constituents.
• Received training on GDPR and the storage and collection of personal data.
• Undertook daily administration tasks.
06/2016 – 10/2019
Founder Debaser Magazine Maastricht
• Founded the first privately funded and independent student magazine in Maastricht.
• Managed team of 6 employees, overseeing the hiring, training, and professional growth of employees
• Cultivated social media following across 3 platforms with an average of 98 views per article, the highest being 1.8k on Medium. Our Facebook page had 134 follows and our highest organic reach being 2.5k
09/2013 – 09/2016
Youth officer • Labour Party
• Attended board meetings along with chairing and organising Youth meetings. Gave speeches on Youth involvement in local politics.
• Trained new members on how to conduct canvassing
07/2014 – 09/2016
Champion • Young Lambeth Co-operative
• Chair of interview panel for paid position of the Director of the YLC.
• Chair of interview youth panel for Children’s Commissioner Lambeth Council
• Built supportive, professional relationships with service users for trusted social care provisions.
Editor • The Common Room – Streatham and Clapham High School Sixth form academic magazine
• Managed a team of 5
• Edited articles and consulted writers on how to shape their story.
01/2017 – 08/2018
Barista • Various Cafes across South London
• Prepared coffee, cleaned dining areas, opened register and carried out other opening duties.
• Cash audits, correctly balancing drawers, customer service
Perfect! I highly recommend Elsa, she is really nice and professional.
Elsa helped me with my bachelor's and my LL.M.’s thesis, she also edited a few professional publications of mine. Her editing style does not affect the soul and content of the piece. This ensures that the author's personality comes across well and as intended. She is a versatile editor and can very well edit pieces on all subjects. Although she does not have a background in law, and the pieces she proofread were rather technical, she was fully able to make the edits I needed.
She is a really good editor, I highly recommend.
Elsa has a great eye for the bigger picture. She always helps me tweak the details in a way that makes all the pieces fit together in a way I couldn't have thought of myself.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|