My name is Iain, I am a professional saxophonist and guitarist working in London. I'm passionate about music performance and apply this to my teaching to help students develop effectively. I teach from my home in SE1, a short walk from London Bridge.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Classical and Electric Guitar, Saxophone and Music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BMus Honours degree in saxophone performance from Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and I was a fellow of the Guildhall. I now regularly play in a multi-award winning quartet, playing at Wigmore Hall, Purcell Room South Bank, Bridgewater hall and touring throughout the UK and internationally.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £35 an hour for instrumental and £30 an hour for music theory lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in SE1, a very short walk from London Bridge station.
- When are you available?
I am available for lessons at any time of the week or weekend. As a professional musician my diary is flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
If the student wishes I can put them through grade exams. I can also prepare students for A-level and GCSE music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for 10 years and have experience teaching all ages and abilities.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current and valid DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied the saxophone for two years at Junior Guildhall with Paul Stevens, and I studied for four years at the Guildhall with John Harle, Christian Foreshaw, Mick Foster and Nick Moss. I studied the guitar with Mark Eden.
• BMus (Hons) Guildhall School of music and Drama
• CRB Certificate
• Fellow of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|